PLEASE give Web Sellers their own Forum - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 06-05-2007, 10:03 PM

Default PLEASE give Web Sellers their own Forum

Please Please Please, can the owners of this site please give the people who use this forum to sell movies, their own forum. And I'm not talking about the Bargain forum. They do NOT belong in the bargain forum. To me, a bargain is when I can get a movie from somebody at a better price than I can get it for from Amazon with my extra 10% off. And so far, I have not seen any of the web sellers be quite as cheap as Amazon.
Here are Some examples of sales that were bumped off the main page in just minutes:
Google checkout taking $10 any first order.
When DVDPacific was selling "The Fountain" for $19. I couldn't believe how Few people knew about that sale. It's because it was off the main page in minutes.
When Best Buy has had their "buy 3 get $20 off" sales.
I think the Bargain section gets over-looked by the readers, simply because they just look at the main forum page to see what the newest postings are in all the forums. Many people ONLY go to the "Software" Forums. But if they saw some of these great sales on the main page, it might make better use of the Bargain forum, for those who have news on Great bargains. And for those looking for a great bargain.
I can thoroughly appreciate the daily update the web sellers give to their customers. However, I get very annoyed at how quickly they update their information for what seems like no reason at all. I really don't think they need to update us the minute they put something up to buy. And I don't think they have to update to the whole forum, every time they send something out to one of their customers.
It seems to me like they just want to update often so as to make sure they are the most resent post on the sites main forum page. Personally I would prefer to see the Huge sales (like Best Buys' resent buy 3 get $20 sale) stay on the main page for longer than one minute. I think it would be very helpful to the people looking for great bargains, if they could see it on the main forum page. Instead of a Webseller saying "hey I just got a few more copies of "blah blah" in.
Please take this into consideration.
I mean no dis-respect what so ever. But unless you are paying for advertising here, you really are abusing the bargain forum if you post every hour, and just to bump another sail off the main page. A couple of those web sellers have over 1,000 posts. Now, I am not saying they should not be on the site at all. Cleary, with a couple of those sellers having over 20,000 views, they do serve a purpose. But I think they can be of better use in their own forum.
I just think the Bargain section should be separate from the Web sellers.
PLEASE.
Old 06-06-2007, 07:24 AM

I can't be the only one thinking about this.
Old 06-06-2007, 11:27 AM
HDD Founder

cloudy -- Thanks for your thoughts. You bring up a good point. Discussing with the mods now, and I'll let you know what we determine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cloudy View Post
Please Please Please, can the owners of this site please give the people who use this forum to sell movies, their own forum. And I'm not talking about the Bargain forum. They do NOT belong in the bargain forum. To me, a bargain is when I can get a movie from somebody at a better price than I can get it for from Amazon with my extra 10% off. And so far, I have not seen any of the web sellers be quite as cheap as Amazon.
Here are Some examples of sales that were bumped off the main page in just minutes:
Google checkout taking $10 any first order.
When DVDPacific was selling "The Fountain" for $19. I couldn't believe how Few people knew about that sale. It's because it was off the main page in minutes.
When Best Buy has had their "buy 3 get $20 off" sales.
I think the Bargain section gets over-looked by the readers, simply because they just look at the main forum page to see what the newest postings are in all the forums. Many people ONLY go to the "Software" Forums. But if they saw some of these great sales on the main page, it might make better use of the Bargain forum, for those who have news on Great bargains. And for those looking for a great bargain.
I can thoroughly appreciate the daily update the web sellers give to their customers. However, I get very annoyed at how quickly they update their information for what seems like no reason at all. I really don't think they need to update us the minute they put something up to buy. And I don't think they have to update to the whole forum, every time they send something out to one of their customers.
It seems to me like they just want to update often so as to make sure they are the most resent post on the sites main forum page. Personally I would prefer to see the Huge sales (like Best Buys' resent buy 3 get $20 sale) stay on the main page for longer than one minute. I think it would be very helpful to the people looking for great bargains, if they could see it on the main forum page. Instead of a Webseller saying "hey I just got a few more copies of "blah blah" in.
Please take this into consideration.
I mean no dis-respect what so ever. But unless you are paying for advertising here, you really are abusing the bargain forum if you post every hour, and just to bump another sail off the main page. A couple of those web sellers have over 1,000 posts. Now, I am not saying they should not be on the site at all. Cleary, with a couple of those sellers having over 20,000 views, they do serve a purpose. But I think they can be of better use in their own forum.
I just think the Bargain section should be separate from the Web sellers.
PLEASE.
Old 06-06-2007, 12:54 PM

I responded to Cloudy's other topic about this, but I wanted to add a few things. First, I would assume if we are asked to stop advertising, that means ALL the sites stop. Not just us newer guys Also, I've clicked the various "advertise with us" links more than a dozen times over the last few weeks, and it always says link not found. As most people have seen, I ended up going with Ads by Google service and do pay for advertising that ends up on this site. That's just my 2 cents
Old 06-06-2007, 01:41 PM
HDD Founder

To be clear, I think it's a service both to our members and to the various vendors who participate in these forums to provide an area where they can communicate. Somewhat akin to eBay feedback, I think helps keep folks honest.

The question is not whether we should pull all this stuff down, but rather should it live in a dedicated area, instead of the bargains area.

I was dismayed to see a series of stickies in the game consoles discussion area for various vendors as well, which I also think is an inappropriate area for sales threads.

And to be clear, while we always welcome advertisers (click the link at the bottom of the page for "advertising" to contact us), there's no quid pro quo requiring that a vendor advertise with us in order to post to our boards. So long as you follow the rules, these forums are free for all to use.
Old 06-06-2007, 02:53 PM

[QUOTE=jed;154077]The question is not whether we should pull all this stuff down, but rather should it live in a dedicated area, instead of the bargains area.

Exactly my point. 100% My point.
And thank you Jed very much for taking this idea into consideration.
Old 06-06-2007, 03:12 PM

I think it should be moved to a subforum in the Bargains forum.
Old 06-06-2007, 04:10 PM

If it is moved to a subforum of Bargains, it would change nothing. Every new post from a webseller would still bump any new bargain off the main page. They should just get their own forum all together. Just one forum in one area, instead of having one forum in HD-DVD bargains, and one in Blu-ray bargains.
I think they should have their own forum area in the "Related Topics (Not Format-Specific) " forums.
Old 06-06-2007, 07:40 PM

I agree. Move it somehwere else. They arn't bargains.
Old 06-07-2007, 08:46 PM

Have you heard anything back from the Modders on this yet JED?