Some forums slowing down? - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 05-26-2007, 03:12 PM

Default Some forums slowing down?

I may just be crazy but has anyone else noticed a little bit of a slowdown in posting in a lot of the forums? (other than smack down of course, which is always ridiculous) I've seen numerous questions and requests for technical help sit for days with only one, maybe 2 responses, when there's gotta be more people who could offer some good advice. And I'm mostly talking about the hardware related forums in this respect. I know people are obviously free to post at their own pace, but I just thought it was an observation worth noting.
Old 05-26-2007, 03:51 PM

Maybe a little bit... I've noticed more topics are getting started but fewer replies are being made.

As per technical help, if I feel that I can adequately help the poster solve their problem or offer some advice, I will do so. Plus, I think that during the summer we'll probably see a bit more of a slowdown due to people going on vacation, etc.
Old 05-26-2007, 03:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chad5871 View Post
Maybe a little bit... I've noticed more topics are getting started but fewer replies are being made.

As per technical help, if I feel that I can adequately help the poster solve their problem or offer some advice, I will do so. Plus, I think that during the summer we'll probably see a bit more of a slowdown due to people going on vacation, etc.
Yeah there is the whole summer thing I guess. I'm just more annoyed when someone asks a valid question and they barely get any response from it, and then someone posts something trivial (ie: my format is better than yours) and gets 10 replies instantly. I don't always have a lot of background on something but I find myself forced to answer w/ limited knowledge sometimes because I hate to see questions go unanswered or w/ very limited input.

Eh, it's not a big deal really, I'm not on some kind of crusade or anything, I just thought I'd point it out and see if anyone else agrees.