Can there just be one exchange forum? - High-Def Digest Forums
View Poll Results: Should the two format-specific exchange forums be merged?
yes, I would prefer to see both formats traded in the same area 7 41.18%
No, I think they should remain separate 10 58.82%
Voters: 17. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-15-2007, 11:06 PM

Default Can there just be one exchange forum?

Since more and more people are going neutral, it's confusing on where to post your have and want lists if you're format neutral. People already put HD DVD/BD in their titles anyways, why not combine the two forums?
Old 05-16-2007, 12:20 AM

I agree with this. Even for people who aren't neutral, it's not hard to put "[Blu-ray]" or "[HD DVD]" in the subject line.
Old 05-16-2007, 09:03 PM
HDD Founder

Thanks for your feedback. I added a poll to this thread -- I'm curious to see what other think....
Old 05-16-2007, 09:14 PM

i like them seperate b/c it's easier to filter out hd dvd from bd based on other forums.
Old 05-17-2007, 02:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by forsho01 View Post
i like them seperate b/c it's easier to filter out hd dvd from bd based on other forums.
While this is true, seperate forums also makes it harder for people who are neutral. I have a few disc's that I would like to unload, but I'm having a hard time trying to figure out which forum to post them in. I want to trade both HD DVD and Blu-ray discs. I have more Blu-ray wants than I do HD DVD wants, so should I post my list in the Blu-ray section? Yet I have more HD DVD's that I want to trade than I do Blu-ray, so should I post that my list in the HD DVD section? Not to mention that if I pick a certain forum to post my list, then others that do not have that selected format type will be missing out on what I have, thus losing possible trades or deals. I could also post both of my lists in both forums, but then that adds to clutter and possible deletion of threads since it would technically be a double post.

While having two seperate forums for both formats is nice, lets face it, this format war will not be over with soon. That means more people are going to go neutral. Not to mention the sales of HD DVD and Blu-ray players every day. That only means more people that are going to be looking for the latest and best HD movie news. This forum is bound to get bigger and people are bound to want to unload some of their movies. As more and more people go format neutral, the more and more the exchange forums are going to get confusing. I think it's much better to combine the exchange forums into one so people that are neutral don't get confused on where to post their trade lists.

Thanks for the poll jed!
Old 05-17-2007, 04:52 AM

i think they should be separate. If im looking for an HD DVD, ill go and look for that and if im looking for a Blu-ray, ill look under that section, no need to get them mixed
Old 05-17-2007, 08:35 AM

Keep them separate-and I own both formats.
Old 05-17-2007, 07:52 PM

If you desided to buy both formats then you already knew that you were going to have to look in both places... dont go changing things just because some people desided to go neutral.