New video game section. - High-Def Digest Forums
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #1  
Old 04-30-2007, 05:32 PM
Master X's Avatar
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 14,285
Default New video game section.

We need a section for games. We have the HD and games section and the smackdown game section.

I think we need just a plain old game section to talk about good games coming out, previews, and reviews.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 04-30-2007, 06:11 PM
Picard's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 351
Default

Do Want !
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 04-30-2007, 06:27 PM
Blurry's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 7,187
Default

What about the "HD DVD and Video Games" forum for XBox games and the "Blu-ray and Video Games" forum for Playstation games?
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 04-30-2007, 06:57 PM
Pat H's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 1,009
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blurry View Post
What about the "HD DVD and Video Games" forum for XBox games and the "Blu-ray and Video Games" forum for Playstation games?
That would work except HD DVD doesn't necessarily correlate with Xbox, so putting that under the HD DVD section would discourage Blu Ray fans that play Xbox from posting there, and similarly HD DVD fans who play Playstation (for the games) would be discouraged from posting in the Playstation games section if it was under Blu Ray.

Maybe we could just create a new subcategory and put xbox 360 games and playstation 3 games as the forums under that section.

(although in a way that would be leading the forum away from its intended purpose..but that's something for Jed to decide.)
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 05-01-2007, 03:33 PM
illegalprelude's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 4,961
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat H View Post
That would work except HD DVD doesn't necessarily correlate with Xbox, so putting that under the HD DVD section would discourage Blu Ray fans that play Xbox from posting there, and similarly HD DVD fans who play Playstation (for the games) would be discouraged from posting in the Playstation games section if it was under Blu Ray.

Maybe we could just create a new subcategory and put xbox 360 games and playstation 3 games as the forums under that section.

(although in a way that would be leading the forum away from its intended purpose..but that's something for Jed to decide.)
yea. I both agree with what you have to say but I think this forum will eventually grow to be more because whats life after lets say Blu-ray or HD DVD wins? Then the idea of this forum becomes kind of usless in the VS sense and it just becomes a review site so I think its nice to grow the forum in the AV equipment area and in the gaming area because those are both so closely tied in with HD DVD and Blu-ray
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 05-01-2007, 03:58 PM
Staffyman's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 888
Default

I've always thought it would be decent to have a General Discussion: Gaming forum along the same lines as the 'Both formats' HD Video forum. It'll be nice to have one place to go to read gaming threads for all the formats with 'No Format Bashing Allowed.'

The Games Smackdown forum just gets tiring as the same arguments and insults get rolled out again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again!
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 05-01-2007, 04:06 PM
Pat H's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 1,009
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by illegalprelude View Post
yea. I both agree with what you have to say but I think this forum will eventually grow to be more because whats life after lets say Blu-ray or HD DVD wins? Then the idea of this forum becomes kind of usless in the VS sense and it just becomes a review site so I think its nice to grow the forum in the AV equipment area and in the gaming area because those are both so closely tied in with HD DVD and Blu-ray
I see what you're saying, after a while there won't be a smack down section anymore, and it will just be an HD DVD or Blu Ray forum (w/ an HD DVD/Blu Ray nostalgia section ) Will be interesting to see...but it is important in a way to look towards the future. My one concern is that people will join and end up posting 99% of the time in the games forum, when the point of the site (at least right now) is to discuss high-def formats. Not an overly-serious concern, but just something to consider.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 05-01-2007, 05:59 PM
illegalprelude's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 4,961
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Staffyman View Post
I've always thought it would be decent to have a General Discussion: Gaming forum along the same lines as the 'Both formats' HD Video forum. It'll be nice to have one place to go to read gaming threads for all the formats with 'No Format Bashing Allowed.'

The Games Smackdown forum just gets tiring as the same arguments and insults get rolled out again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again!
Im with you on this 100%. I want this to be a forum of discussion and help, not just people people bashing each other with stupid links they find on google or posting things just to piss off other members. Thats why I wish each section of the forum had tabs that we could just close So I didnt even have to see the smackdown part of the forum.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat H View Post
I see what you're saying, after a while there won't be a smack down section anymore, and it will just be an HD DVD or Blu Ray forum (w/ an HD DVD/Blu Ray nostalgia section ) Will be interesting to see...but it is important in a way to look towards the future. My one concern is that people will join and end up posting 99% of the time in the games forum, when the point of the site (at least right now) is to discuss high-def formats. Not an overly-serious concern, but just something to consider.
Yea, there are plenty of video game forums out there that have a much better and knowledge community then we do so I do agree, we do need to have a greater focus on just HD stuff.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 05-01-2007, 10:53 PM
Master X's Avatar
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 14,285
Default

Plus the 360 doesnt even use HD DVD for games.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 05-01-2007, 11:43 PM
Cieljek's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 727
Default

If anything, they could remove the two seperate "bluray" and "hddvd" gaming sections, and integrate them under one "General Discussion: HD Gaming" thread...

neither the bluray or hddvd specific gaming sections get a whole lot of traffic...(compared to the smackdown one).. so using just one might not hurt..


Ofc, it's all up to the creators and what they intend for this forum to be, etc.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Video Game Review section? maley Feedback 18 11-03-2008 07:36 PM
Suggestion on new section: Rumors and Speculation hidefimports High Definition Smackdown 17 02-07-2008 06:35 PM
New release section added Glenmulder HD MOVIE SOURCE 5 12-14-2007 07:53 PM
Can we get a for sale video game section? forsho01 Game Room 4 05-16-2007 10:29 PM


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off