Time to put an end to new users creating threads - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 04-26-2007, 05:33 PM

Default Time to put an end to new users creating threads

I'm sorry if this sounds rude, but I'm sick and tired of new users creating threads. Most of the time they just create rehashed arguments. And the other times, they all rush to be the first poster to post some assinine "news" that they've gathered from a friend of a friend's dog walker's mechanic's uncle's 2nd cousin twice removed.

Is there any way to have it so new accounts cannot create new threads until they've reached like 30 posts or something like that.

It's also annoying for them to post "news' and then say I can't post the URL. (begin RANT) Don't create the thread then you overanxious blowhole.(end RANT)
Old 04-26-2007, 05:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bear89103 View Post
I'm sorry if this sounds rude, but I'm sick and tired of new users creating threads. Most of the time they just create rehashed arguments. And the other times, they all rush to be the first poster to post some assinine "news" that they've gathered from a friend of a friend's dog walker's mechanic's uncle's 2nd cousin twice removed.

Is there any way to have it so new accounts cannot create new threads until they've reached like 30 posts or something like that.

It's also annoying for them to post "news' and then say I can't post the URL. (begin RANT) Don't create the thread then you overanxious blowhole.(end RANT)
Here here. (Although I accidentally did this the other day, but not in the Smackdowns ). This problem really makes the smackdowns feel chaotic. I think the post count should be a little bit higher like 50-70 or so.
Old 04-26-2007, 05:45 PM

Quote:

I'm new and I just posted thw "WalMart says no to HD-DVD rumor". I can't post the site because of the rules here. Not my fault.
Wow I didn't notice your two month seniority on me. Let me go and delete it, post 30 posts and resubmit it for you.
Old 04-26-2007, 05:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyd1 View Post
I'm new and I just posted thw "WalMart says no to HD-DVD rumor". I can't post the site because of the rules here. Not my fault.
Wow I didn't notice your two month seniority on me. Let me go and delete it, post 30 posts and resubmit it for you.
Who said anything about time frame? I said 30 posts. You can't wait to post 30 posts before you have to one of the many who've created duplicate threads? And you can throw time all you want. talk to me when you get to 600 posts and see all the chaotic bullshit you have to sift through. Then you tell me if you don't think it's a good idea to stop newbies from creating threads.
Old 04-26-2007, 05:49 PM

Quote:
Who said anything about time frame? I said 30 posts. You can't wait to post 30 posts before you have to one of the many who've created duplicate threads? And you can throw time all you want. talk to me when you get to 600 posts and see all the chaotic bullshit you have to sift through. Then you tell me if you don't think it's a good idea to stop newbies from creating threads.
I think YOU Need to Chill !
Old 04-26-2007, 05:51 PM

Quote:
I think YOU Need to Chill !
Again, talk to me when you get past 500 posts. Then let's see how "tolerant" you are.
Old 04-26-2007, 05:52 PM

Quote:

I agree. This is getting way out of hand.
Old 04-26-2007, 05:55 PM

Quote:
Again, talk to me when you get past 500 posts. Then let's see how "tolerant" you are.
Do you really believe this is the only forum I belong to ?
It is attitudes like yours that cause me to use the magic ignore button.

Let me see...it must be here somewhere.
Old 04-26-2007, 06:01 PM

Quote:
Do you really believe this is the only forum I belong to ?
It is attitudes like yours that cause me to use the magic ignore button.

Let me see...it must be here somewhere.
Ignore me all you want, just look at who's posting here. The two other people who've posted here other than you and me all have larger post counts which means they've been here and participated for a WHILE now. And they all agree.

Why do they agree? Because it has gotten completely out of hand. Your post may or may not be one of the out of hand ones, but I'm willing to (IMHO as do most people) risk the very few one or two gems that might come about instead of having to sift through the garabage that's on there constantly.

Why don't you agree? Because you haven't experienced it. And yet you choose to participate in a discussion which you have NO real context for. You say other boards. GREAT! GOOD FOR YOU. Are they THIS board. No. So your other boards may or may not have similar problems. I don't give a rats ass about those other boards. I'm talking about THIS board.

So once again, ignore me all you want. But if you want to talk to me again about this subject, talk to me when you get to a much higher post count. THEN and only THEN you'll see the trash that's been posted here because of new users. All new users? No of course not. But there's SO MUCH of it that it's just better to limit them from creating new threads until they've participated more.
Old 04-26-2007, 06:02 PM

First of all, stop the bickering this isn't Smackdown and you will be banned.

Second of all, the idea has been brought up recently and was shot down for various reasons.

Last edited by Bee; 04-26-2007 at 06:20 PM.