Old 04-03-2007, 05:19 PM

Default New Posts list

Hey guys. I was wondering if there was any way to include a forum filter for new posts. I use the new posts link to always search for the most recent posts that have been posted. However, what I've noticed mostly is that the smackdown forums always pop up (logically because that's the most used areas on this forum).

But the problem is I don't WANT to see posts from the Smackdown areas. The Smackdown areas are full of fanbois who just LOVE to make snyde remarks about the opposing side and, well you know. It's just filled with mud slinging monkies who lie through their teeth just to make their particular sides look good.

Anyway, what I would like is to be able to select which areas of these forums I want to get the new posts to show up. I know that this request is not a NEED, but more of a want, so feel free to disregard it if it's too troublesome or anything like that. But I at least thought I should ask.
Old 04-03-2007, 09:41 PM

not to go off topic but ive found the search dosent seem to work that well...
Old 04-04-2007, 11:23 AM

Talking

Hey Bear I'm recruting people for the Film forum . Would you mind to go there? Seriously go to the film forum we have a lot of fun there. It's a must see section of Highdefdigest.com
Old 04-04-2007, 12:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nelll View Post
Hey Bear I'm recruting people for the Film forum . Would you mind to go there? Seriously go to the film forum we have a lot of fun there. It's a must see section of Highdefdigest.com
I do visit it. Like I said in my first post, I usually use the "new posts" function which gives me ALL the posts of all the areas on the forum. I don't contribute a whole lot yet because I don't consider myself to be that knowledgable. Especially when you guys talk about directors and things like that. I enjoy films. I just haven't gotten into all the intricacies of the filmmaking process.
Old 04-04-2007, 05:51 PM
HDD Founder

bear89103, here's a link should get you the search results you're looking for:
http://forums.highdefdigest.com/sear...xclude=6,42,43

The numbers at the end refer to the forum ids (in this case, the main smackdown, the game consoles smackdown, and the sales ranks smackdown subforum). You can customize your own "new posts" search by negating other forums using this same logic.
Old 04-04-2007, 07:49 PM

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by bear89103 View Post
I do visit it. Like I said in my first post, I usually use the "new posts" function which gives me ALL the posts of all the areas on the forum. I don't contribute a whole lot yet because I don't consider myself to be that knowledgable. Especially when you guys talk about directors and things like that. I enjoy films. I just haven't gotten into all the intricacies of the filmmaking process.
Fair enough.