HighDefDigest.com is a huge letdown - High-Def Digest Forums
Closed Thread

Old 03-28-2007, 11:44 AM

Default HighDefDigest.com is a huge letdown

I am retiring from this board after 150 arguably lousy posts.

Today I received an official warning from Kali for smacking down somebody's grammar. (It really must feel pretty powerful to be a moderator for this site.) I called this guy out because he said that all dual adopters were less than men, which I was offended by. Not only that, but he said it poorly--so I called him out on it. I guess there are new rules about criticizing grammar in the SMACKDOWN forum, which I respect but doesn't make much sense in a forum designated as a smackdown arena. Also, one would have to make the leap that I was using sarcasm, (of course I was), but who is Kali to determine that? She is reading subjectively into this, which is an abuse of "power" in my estimation. Here is what I said:

("There is no real men in this world" wow those grammar skills really hammer that one down) http://forums.highdefdigest.com/show...1418#post91418

My post was edited and I'm sure this thread will be censored quickly (or banished to the console smackdown forum for no real reason, like my last thread, again by Kali and proof that someone has way too much time on their hands--my post was edited at 1:50 AM last night)

Also, I'd like to say that HighDefDigest is way behind the game in providing a Children of Men review for yesterday's release. I guess the studio didn't provide a free copy to the site so we don't get a report on PQ and AQ. You know, all of us "little people" still have to pay money for these discs, and it would be nice if the site could plunk down $25 to give us a review--what, nobody at HighDefDigest has this film yet? It's the biggest HD DVD release in a month! HighDefDigest has no problem linking us to Amazon, but apparently do not use the links themselves.

FYI, the Children of Men HD DVD is a stunner, I would give the PQ 4.5 out of 5, AQ is a bit of a mystery because I had the surround sound off due to late viewing in an apartment--it sounded great, though, from what I heard. The cinematography is stunning and fans of long, complicated shots will be delighted and mystified by the amazing hand held shots in this film. The cinematographer had asked the director to not reveal the secrets behind some of the shots, although a couple of them are dissected in the extras (480p extras, FYI) and the techniques show again how special effects can be incredibly effective for narrative when used correctly and tastefully. The film looks like Blade Runner meets Y Tu Mama Tabien. This is a must buy for all HD DVD owners, and the film itself is one of the best I've seen this year or last. Which brings me to my last point.

...I am dismayed at the complete lack of interest in film from moderators and posters alike--I truly thought early adopters might have taste one or two notches above the average American (see: Norbit, Ghost Rider, Wild Hogs) but this seems to not be the case. (with a few exceptions)

Anyway I have a huge ego and I won't be "warned" for something stupid even if it was friendly, so goodbye HighDefDigest Forums. I may still be here in the form of a troll, but I won't waste any more time with posting--the quality of the forums has dropped significantly, and my guess is that some of the moderators have gone control-crazy and pushed people away.

Peace to all,

-TK
Old 03-28-2007, 11:47 AM
Banned

Ah swan songs, how great they are.
Old 03-28-2007, 11:47 AM

It's in the rules. Sorry that you feel that way, but you were still in the wrong no matter how you feel.
Old 03-28-2007, 11:50 AM
Banned

I guess there is no real men in this world.
Old 03-28-2007, 11:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bear89103 View Post
It's in the rules. Sorry that you feel that way, but you were still in the wrong no matter how you feel.
I was going to edit my post but instead here you go--I just read the rules and there is no mention of grammar or spelling in the forum rules or smackdown forum rules. Bear, you must be happy to see me go, LOL!

-TK
Old 03-28-2007, 11:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dobyblue View Post
Ah swan songs, how great they are.
Doby, it's less of a swan song and more of a calling out of HighDefDigest for being self important and cheap. You can try to spin it all you want.

-TK
Old 03-28-2007, 11:58 AM

If you're going to keep responding to all of these, you have not really left.

I don't care what you do, but either post your goodbye and get out of here with dignity, or scrap this thread and stick around!
Old 03-28-2007, 12:03 PM

The rule was a sticky a while back. I'm pretty sure since at least some time in January. I think it was deleted when the new rules post was put up and somehow didn't get included. Regardless of it not being there now, you've been around long enough. Ignorance of the rules isn't an excuse.
Old 03-28-2007, 12:04 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by MfumeRising View Post
Doby, it's less of a swan song and more of a calling out of HighDefDigest for being self important and cheap. You can try to spin it all you want.

-TK
I"m not trying to spin anything. When someone has a rant and says they're out of here, it's a swan song.
If they keep posting afterwards, they have no integrity.

(It doesn't mean I don't sympathize - there's rules I don't agree with also, but I like sticking around so I put up with it; if I get banned so be it)
Old 03-28-2007, 12:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MfumeRising View Post
I was going to edit my post but instead here you go--I just read the rules and there is no mention of grammar or spelling in the forum rules or smackdown forum rules. Bear, you must be happy to see me go, LOL!

-TK
Why? I have nothing to gain or lose by you leaving. It's funny that you mention that because I couldn't immediately remember why you'd make that statement until I thought about it for a little bit and remembered how I smacked you down for hypocrisy. Apparently you can't let it go that I did that. But I did and do.

You mention your ego. I'm not sure it's as much ego as it is being like a 5 year old wanting to be the center of attention. Why keep responding to posts if you're gonna leave? Obviously you made this thread because you WANT people to respond so you can respond even further. That's not called leaving. That's called attention whore.

You may be right about the grammar thing. I thought I remembered there being something like that or at least a whole thread or sticky or whatever on not smacking spelling and grammar. And if I'm wrong about that, so be it.

My self worth isn't tied to this forum like apparently yours is.
Closed Thread