Mods arent Modding - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 03-23-2007, 07:18 PM

Thumbs down Mods arent Modding

i am a big fan of this site but i find people arent following the forum rules and are posting things in a forum that it shouldnt be in. the smackdown thread is being flooded with PS3vs360 threads and there is a forum just for that kind of stuff.
Old 03-23-2007, 07:26 PM

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mwright View Post
i am a big fan of this site but i find people arent following the forum rules and are posting things in a forum that it shouldnt be in. the smackdown thread is being flooded with PS3vs360 threads and there is a forum just for that kind of stuff.
I'm Sorry you feel that way because Mentok,blurry,Tejstar and juic1 are always around. We have a few mods for all of us. I still hate them though. enjoy the forums dude. Look? go to the film section or the water cooler and you'll feel the difference. Hope this help.

Last edited by nelll; 03-24-2007 at 10:01 AM.
Old 03-23-2007, 07:30 PM

no i like the forums that why i come here a few times a day but it bugs me when people are posting stuff in the wrong forum when there is a forum for it and they arent moved..personally i think if a person buts a forum in the wrong spot more than 3 times they should have their thread making rights taken away for a reasonable amount of time
Old 03-23-2007, 08:15 PM

Well you have to factor in that all of the mods have lives outside of the forums. I only devote 20-30 minutes a day to modding this forum.
Old 03-23-2007, 08:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mwright View Post
Just FYI there is a little triangle on the upper right of every post, that allows you to report posts that you feel need moderation.
When you click on that, you get a message you can fill out describing your issue with the post. When you click send, an email goes out to evey mod.
When I go through the messages it seems that stuff gets dealt with within an hour to half a day.
This mechanism works so I suggest you use it.
If you feel your reports are being ignored, please feel free to pm one of us and ask about it.
If you are not happy with the responce, please contact the site owner, jed and he'll smack us if necessary
Old 03-23-2007, 10:33 PM

coming from a person who's sig is what?
Old 03-24-2007, 09:52 AM
Super Moderator

People posting in the wrong forums is quite commonplace - I probably spend around half my time here just moving threads around. It is annoying but trust us we are aware of those that are repeat offenders.

As kali said, please use the report button and that should get the matter seen to quicker.
Old 03-24-2007, 02:59 PM

or make me a mod
Old 03-24-2007, 03:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by illegalprelude View Post
or make me a mod
wow, way to be subtle!

Another mod or two might be a possible solution, but everyone has busy lives, and it's impossible for there to be a mod around all the time. Plus, expecting every mistake and breach of rules to be caught in thousands of posts is ridiculous. But even with the slip-ups, this forum is a lot better moderation wise than some of the others I've visited, where vulgar, personal attacks go on for pages without the threads being closed.
Old 03-24-2007, 04:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat H View Post
wow, way to be subtle!

Another mod or two might be a possible solution, but everyone has busy lives, and it's impossible for there to be a mod around all the time. Plus, expecting every mistake and breach of rules to be caught in thousands of posts is ridiculous. But even with the slip-ups, this forum is a lot better moderation wise than some of the others I've visited, where vulgar, personal attacks go on for pages without the threads being closed.
really? This is over all a super small forum compared to almost most forums im on but to me, it seems like people on this forum arent too cultured for the web age. Many do not know how forums function so it seems like we have many first timers, going at each others throats. Forums are there to usually help people but this forum, everybody is at each others throats