Pre-Release Thread Titles... - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 03-06-2008, 08:37 PM

Default Pre-Release Thread Titles...

Alright. Ive had mixed feelings about this subject but Ive let them slip. But now I really have to say something.
Before I was kinda ticked when Peter posted Pre-Release Buzz after there had been a thread a started a day before that had already gained a large amount of posts and discussion. I always wondered,, Why doesnt he just change the name?

Now I am kinda ticked about how loose this forum has gotten with its Pre Release Buzz, Peter doesnt post them anymore if theres already a thread started. Such as P.S. I Love You, Rambo, and I Am Legend to name a few.
I mean the titles arent that great. I like them straight to the point(The Rambo ones fine:"Rambo Coming May 27th!) but stuff like P.S. I Love You( P.s. I Love You Coming To Bd And Hd) just doesnt catch your attention if your looking were to discuss the future titles coming to High Def(also has bad caps) So I always wonder,, why doesnt Peter just change the name?

Well Ive put two and two together to see if this is possible. I mean is there anyway Peter can edite Thread Titles into ____ -- Pre Release Buzz on threads started about titles instead of posting an entire new thread. As well as edit Thread Titles into the ____ -- Pre Release Buzz if its too long and not as standing out as pre-release buzz catches peoples eye?

Do you guys agree..if so I hope you post it here as to catch Jeds or Peters attention.

Thanks. Ben.
Old 03-06-2008, 08:50 PM

I don't think he can really change the titles cause he's not a mod. As far as I know only mods can change them. Although that's only guess work on my part. Giving him the power probably isn't that hard though.
Old 03-06-2008, 11:34 PM
Formerly candymangt

Very dumb question, but who owns this site?
Old 03-07-2008, 12:14 AM
Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by candymangt View Post
Very dumb question, but who owns this site?

http://www.highdefdigest.com/aboutus.html
Old 03-07-2008, 12:18 AM
Special Member

I am not sure Peter has the "power" to change a thread title. I am sure Jed will be able to clarify this though.

IMO I dont really ahve an issue with the "official" pre-release thread. I dont really notice the others and sometimes they are based on rumor, where most of the time the "pre-release buzz" is based on info attained directly from this site (as far as I can remember).