Magnolia HD DVD reviews?? - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 03-12-2007, 10:46 PM

Default Magnolia HD DVD reviews??

isnt Magnolia neutral?? or are the disks only reviewd on blu-ray for some reason??
Old 03-12-2007, 10:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrkiller View Post
isnt Magnolia neutral?? or are the disks only reviewd on blu-ray for some reason??
The World's Fastest Indian was reviewed in both formats.
Old 03-13-2007, 12:42 AM

I think Magnolia has supply issues. I've really wanted to pick up Worlds Fastest Indian on HD DVD, but I have yet to see it here in Canada on either HD DVD or Blu-Ray. It's not even listed on Amazon.ca.

In fact come to think of it I'm not aware of one single Magnolia title available here locally on either HD DVD or Blu-Ray.
Old 03-13-2007, 12:54 AM
HDD Founder

Magnolia *is* neutral, but from what we've been able to peice together, they appear to have released the following titles on Blu-ray only (so far):

- Bubble
- Enron: The Smartest Guys In The Room
- The War Within
- Bikini Destinations: Triple Fantasy
- HDNet World Report Special: Shuttle Discovery's Historic Mission
- One Last Thing
- District B-13

We recently received Blu-ray copies of each of the above, but no HD DVD. Looking elsewhere online, we were unable to find any of these titles available for sale on HD DVD, so I asked a press rep for Magnolia what's up and her reponse was this: "the titles in question should be becoming available soon in HD DVD - hopefully within the next few weeks."

Assuming they do come out on HD DVD as promised, we do plan to review 'em.
Old 03-13-2007, 02:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jed View Post
Magnolia *is* neutral, but from what we've been able to peice together, they appear to have released the following titles on Blu-ray only (so far):

- Bubble
- Enron: The Smartest Guys In The Room
- The War Within
- Bikini Destinations: Triple Fantasy
- HDNet World Report Special: Shuttle Discovery's Historic Mission
- One Last Thing
- District B-13

We recently received Blu-ray copies of each of the above, but no HD DVD. Looking elsewhere online, we were unable to find any of these titles available for sale on HD DVD, so I asked a press rep for Magnolia what's up and her reponse was this: "the titles in question should be becoming available soon in HD DVD - hopefully within the next few weeks."

Assuming they do come out on HD DVD as promised, we do plan to review 'em.

ok thanks for the responce
Old 03-13-2007, 03:16 PM

I wrote to Magnolia and they wrote an email back to me stating they will release everything on HD DVD that has already been released on Blu-ray. They are working on TrueHD soundtracks for all of their HD DVD releases. The only ones available right now are the Architect and World's Fastest Indian.
Old 03-13-2007, 07:58 PM

They have this film called THE HOST which is in theatres now. It will be another title they will have on HD DVD and BD this year. Also, the Andy Garcia film THE LOST CITY is coming.