High Def Digest's Insiders Thread a complete joke - High-Def Digest Forums
Closed Thread

Old 03-07-2007, 04:47 PM
Banned

Default High Def Digest's Insiders Thread a complete joke

I'm looking through several of the posts Blurry has made in the HD DVD Insiders Q&A.
It starts with this

Quote:
Realizing that many members of the HD DVD community who frequent this site are looking for answers and news on HD DVD and its coming plans and direction, I have decided to create this thread where I can post related comments from industry insiders who are in the know about future directions and strategies for HD DVD.
How can there be so much subjective information about non-HD DVD products like Blu-ray and the BDA in a thread supposed to provide information solely about HD DVD?

Stuff like this has gone unchecked for far too long over at AVS and now it's happening here. About half of those posts should be deleted when they have nothing to do with HD DVD.
Old 03-07-2007, 04:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dobyblue View Post
I'm looking through several of the posts Blurry has made in the HD DVD Insiders Q&A.
It starts with this

How can there be so much subjective information about non-HD DVD products like Blu-ray and the BDA in a thread supposed to provide information solely about HD DVD?

Stuff like this has gone unchecked for far too long over at AVS and now it's happening here. About half of those posts should be deleted when they have nothing to do with HD DVD.
Okay then. We will look into that. I am wondering why you did not post this in the Feedback section...

EDIT
I meant to say "did not".

Last edited by MentokTheMindTaker; 03-07-2007 at 05:13 PM.
Old 03-07-2007, 05:05 PM

Are there any plans on doing something similar to this for BD, getting an industry insider to participate in a Q & A thread?
Old 03-07-2007, 05:08 PM

Doby,

I don't understand why you are getting you are getting excited about this, this is a collection of responses by someone trying to answer questions for HD DVD supporters. I realize that you are just itching to smackdown whatever you can, but frankly, since you are not at all interested in HD DVD from all appearances, I don't see whyyou care - this is thread is intended for HD DVD supporters who would like some insight into the perspective of an insider. Since you do not fall into the category of an HD DVD supporter, I can understand why you don't like it.

Remember that, despite your desire, the sole purpose of this whole forum is not to provide an arena to smack down whatever you don't like. The larger purpose of this site is to provide access to resources that a variety of members might appreciate, and this is an example of a resource that I am sure many HD DVD fans appreciate.

As far as the name FAQ goes, I did not choose that name, I originally called it feedback then archive, but Jed prefered to call it FAQ, and it is indeed an archive of "Frequently Asked Questions" being answered by a person who is heavily involved in the HD DVD industry.

-Blurry
Old 03-07-2007, 05:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dobyblue View Post
I have no idea!
I thought it was in the smackdown.
Doby. That was typo on my part. This thread should have been posted here in the Feedback section.

Last edited by MentokTheMindTaker; 03-07-2007 at 06:52 PM.
Old 03-07-2007, 05:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godstar View Post
Are there any plans on doing something similar to this for BD, getting an industry insider to participate in a Q & A thread?
I personally tried to get PaidGeek, a Sony Studios insider, to participate, but he declined. There may be other things in the works, but it is not my place to talk about them.

-Blurry
Old 03-07-2007, 05:14 PM
Banned

No Blurry you're missing the point.
You have not created an HD DVD insiders thread. The last pages are more devoted to speculation about the BDA, BD and the PS3.

You want to put it in the HD DVD software forum then have it stick to what the persons you're quoting are knowledgeable on which is VC-1 and HD DVD, not the PS3, not the BDA and not Blu-ray as a format.

You can try and cover all that up with claims that anyone who sees what you're really doing there must have some secret desire instead of actually spotting that you're spreading misinformation. You can tout smacking things down all day which is misdirection on your part to cover up the number of posts in there which are not HD DVD related and come from someone who is not a BDA insider, a PS3 insider or a Blu-ray insider.

"This thread is intended for HD DVD supporters who would like some insight into the perspective of an insider"

See this is what's wrong. They should have some insight into the perspective of an HD DVD insider that's great, but you're mixing into that the HD DVD's subjective perspective on topics that he is not an insider on.

Please try and suggest how that is appropriate?
Old 03-07-2007, 05:21 PM
HDD Founder

As for having a similar section for Blu-ray, we're actively looking for a qualified Blu-ray insider who is willing to go on the record in a similar fashion to what Amir is currently doing for HD DVD. If anyone reading this is (or knows) someone who would be willing to participate, plse contact me via PM.

We're also looking for for more insiders on both sides of the aisle (studio reps, encoders, retailers, etc) who may be able to answer other questions our readers might have.

Insiders must be willing to provide their real name and affiliation on the site, and we will verify that they are who they say they are before adding them to the mix.
Old 03-07-2007, 05:29 PM
Banned

are you guys kidding me on this? people are upset that the hd dvd forums, have an insider thread? come on now. this looks like jealousy to me. people shouldn't be mad about this. obviously, they've tried to get someone from the bd side also, but they've declined. this is pure sour grapes thread....i'm actually quiet surprised by this.

ps... who's forcing you to go read the hd dvd forums anyway's, when you are a hard core blu-ray fan?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blurry View Post
Remember that, despite your desire, the sole purpose of this whole forum is not to provide an arena to smack down whatever you don't like. The larger purpose of this site is to provide access to resources that a variety of members might appreciate, and this is an example of a resource that I am sure many HD DVD fans appreciate.

Blurry
and i do appreciate this... i think it's a great idea, it has informed me on things i didn't know. thank you.

Last edited by miDnIghtEr; 03-07-2007 at 05:37 PM.
Old 03-07-2007, 05:36 PM

Iīm not upset about the Insider thread. I havenīt botherd to look in it because I belived it was information about HD-DVD. I have now looked in it and found severel questions about Blu-ray, BDA nad PS3 that Amir answered with his opinion. Nobody can correct him or express another opinion in that forum, itīs not a smackdown forum and should not be. But the questions should be about HD-DVD and the things Amir has insight in. I donīt think he is an insider for BDA...
Closed Thread