Please keep this forum neutral - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 10-29-2006, 05:10 PM

Default Please keep this forum neutral

Please keep this forum as unbiased as possible, I say this because AVS recently made Kevinca1 a moderator even though he has a long history of blu-ray extremism. He has already shown his biased views in his forum moderation. PLEASE don't let this kind of thing happen here.
Old 10-29-2006, 05:16 PM

I agree that was a poor decision. Moderators should be those who have proven to be unbiased. Hell I wouldn't recommend myself as a moderator because I like being biased.
Old 10-30-2006, 07:03 AM
Super Moderator

Well hopefully I will stay as unbiased as I already am. Although please do not persecute me for having views.

However, I will try and maintain an unbiased approach to moderating. Please let me know if at any point if you feel that is not the case!
Old 10-30-2006, 11:41 AM
HDD Founder

I wholeheartedly agree that bias has no place in moderation.

Our mods (while they each have personal opinions of their own, and will continue to express them in the proper venues) have all pledged to be unbiased in their mod duties -- plse feel free to PM me if you see evidence to the contrary.
Old 10-30-2006, 12:21 PM

I (personally) will not let my "camp affiliation" taint the way that I moderate. I will not single out people because they don't agree with me, I will not delete posts that I don't agree with. My job is to make sure that the people posting on this forum are following the rules. (No thread hi-jacking, no personal attacks, posts put in the correct forum...)

Most of our "moderating" so far has been stuff like "People Who Capitalize The First Letter Of Every Word" which drives me crazy!!! and similar duties mentioned above. If you, or anyone else, feels that my personal views are conflicting with my Mod duties... please let me know.

This does not mean that I won't express my opinion. I think that HD DVD is a great format. I think that Blu-ray has had a few fumbles. I will gladly support both formats if they can each make a product worth purchasing. blah blah blah.
Old 10-30-2006, 02:16 PM

I make no promises!

I kid, I kid. I like both formats and I am only biased against those that can't spell Blu-ray correctly.
Old 10-30-2006, 11:05 PM

I like Mod's that will voice thier opinions, and listen to the opposing view. I myself am leaning toward the HD for sure, but I like hearing the pposing views before I commit.

JU1CYFRU1T what is the Harmony 880 & SA 8300 HD DVD you speak of in your signature?
Old 10-31-2006, 10:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by spaceace View Post
JU1CYFRU1T what is the Harmony 880 & SA 8300 HD DVD you speak of in your signature?
spaceace,

The Harmony 880 is a FANTASTIC universal remote made by Logitec. There are deals to be had on this remote (MSRP is $250... but if you would like info on how to get it cheaper, let me know).

The SA 8300 is the Scientific Atlanta HD DVR set top box (STB). In my area, Cox is the cable provider, and this is the only HD cable box that they carry that utilizes HDMI. I am waiting for my TV, so that I don't have to pay to rent two STBs.

I just realized that it says "SA 8300 HD DVD" instead of "HD DVR" I have changed it... thank you for pointing this out.
Old 10-31-2006, 10:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JU1CYFRU1T View Post
spaceace,

The Harmony 880 is a FANTASTIC universal remote made by Logitec. There are deals to be had on this remote (MSRP is $250... but if you would like info on how to get it cheaper, let me know).

The SA 8300 is the Scientific Atlanta HD DVR set top box (STB). In my area, Cox is the cable provider, and this is the only HD cable box that they carry that utilizes HDMI. I am waiting for my TV, so that I don't have to pay to rent two STBs.

I just realized that it says "SA 8300 HD DVD" instead of "HD DVR" I have changed it... thank you for pointing this out.
Shoot I will provide info on how to get the 880 for less than $250. It is a website that very few people know about. It is called Ebay.
http://search.ebay.com/Harmony-880_W...tsearchZSearch

You can Buy it Now "slightly used" for $149.99 including shipping, or new for $170.00 including shipping. If you want a lower price you can always try a normal auction.

I have asked my parents to get me the remote for birthday and I am sure they will. Weeeee!
Old 10-31-2006, 08:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WiFi-Spy View Post
Please keep this forum as unbiased as possible, I say this because AVS recently made Kevinca1 a moderator even though he has a long history of blu-ray extremism. He has already shown his biased views in his forum moderation. PLEASE don't let this kind of thing happen here.
I figured they made Kevin a mod to combat the obvious HD DVD biased mods they had. In other words, to help silence their critics.