Arguments are deteriorating - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 02-21-2007, 07:00 PM
Banned

Default Arguments are deteriorating

I've noticed over the last couple days the arguments have deteriorated into personal assaults. While they have always been present, the argument have usually stayed relatively on formats with personal attacks mixed in. Now they seem to just be against people.

Maybe everyone needs a break.
Old 02-22-2007, 12:14 AM
HDD Founder

Glocks, thanks for your note. We're currently looking at several ways to improve the overall quality of the discussion in the smackdown areas. Stay tuned...
Old 02-22-2007, 07:01 AM
Super Moderator

In the meantime, please report any posts that go against forum rules.
Old 02-23-2007, 12:41 AM

Quite honestly I've been shying away from the smackdown forums (and thus haven't been posting as much). It's the same arguments over and over with attacks galore and not much logic or sensibility behind them. Maybe it's partly due to the surge in members, but I think the real problem is still the repetitive posts. It seems like every day there is a post about the exact same thing as the one yesterday, only rephrased a little to make it look original. Also, many of the redundant posts seem to have the sole purpose of igniting a nasty argument, rather than an intelligent debate.

It would probably be good to combine a lot of the redundant topics, to keep the chaos to a minimum. But that does require a huge amount of work by the mods, who I'm sure all have busy schedules outside this forum.

But small problems aside, I think this forum has done a great job with keeping things from getting out of hand. I'm a member of some other boards that aren't anywhere near as diligently run.
Old 02-23-2007, 01:32 AM

I've stayed away from the Smackdown forums also. But most people should already know my personal feelings about smack and smackdown forums.

It's funny though, when whoever created a "smackdown" forum, they were basically inviting people to end up with the worst type of responses. It was only a matter of time. And the time has come. Whenever I preached against the bickering, I was always told "this is a smackdown forum, what do you expect".

So why are we surprised that it's ended up like this? I'm glad the mods are looking into fixing it. Unfortunately, I think the only true way to fix it is to get rid of forums like "smackdown". You're only inviting hate into your discussion with that type of avenue for speech.
Old 02-23-2007, 04:58 AM

im with the others on this one. when the forum first kicked up, i was in there all the time but now i post in there maybe once a week, if that. Like others said, its just turned into personal battles where any discussion seems to come down to PS3 vs 360 and how Blu-ray is the devil or something along those lines.

It dosent matter what its about, it just always gets lead with "but, bla bla bla"

As long as the other parts of the forum, people shy off and keep to their rules, let whatever it wants happen to smackdown, let them eat each others souls but personal attacks need not be tolerated and people need to provide a little more proof. But like I said, as long as its kept there and the other parts of the forun are kept clean, then atleast you have a semi warning when you go to Smackdown to know what you expect where im sure somebody who is browsing reviews on the HD-DVD Software section and is reading about a movie, dosent wanna hear about how there is more Blu-ray and the Blu-ray offers this and that and vice versa