A problem with a thread - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 10-25-2006, 11:46 AM

Default A problem with a thread

Jed,

There is a problem with THIS thread. I submited a post last night... but it says that the submission date is noon today (which hasn't even occured yet). It's creating some really weird problems. It was quoted, and the I responded to that post... but it's still at the bottom.

Weird.
Old 10-25-2006, 12:14 PM
HDD Founder

Here's what happened: We switched to a new server last night (we've had some unintended downtime over the last few days and we're trying to fix the problem).

Anyway, the new machine had the wrong server time (+15 hours), which was then reflected here on the forums. We fixed the problem within an hour, but anyone who posted in that window has posts dated 15 hours after they were actually posted, which of course, mucks with their display.

I tried to go in and manually change the post times for those individual posts, but unfortunately (so far as I can tell) vBulletin won't alllow that.

In any case, within four more hours, those posts will begin to stop displaying at the bottom of their given threads (although unfortunately they'll still be out of order).

Sorry for the confusion.
Jed
Old 10-25-2006, 04:35 PM
HDD Founder

fyi, we've corrected the dates on those posts that got caught in our server switch timewarp -- they're still off by a few hours, but a little bit more in line with the actual time they were posted... Sorry 'bout that.
Old 10-26-2006, 02:41 AM
Super Moderator

I noticed this yesterday too - but thought I was going bonkers!

Glad it's back to normal now!