Are the reviews fair on this site? I don't think so! - High-Def Digest Forums
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #1  
Old 11-15-2007, 03:51 PM
Banned
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 2,396
Default Are the reviews fair on this site? I don't think so!

So let's start of with a little side by side by side comparison.

For HD DVD The Adventures of Robin Hood
http://hddvd.highdefdigest.com/149/a...nhood1938.html
It's in mono for goodness sakes and it received 3 stars.
Doesn't mono meaning 1 as in 1 star!
It has no High-Def extras.
It gets 1/2 star for nothing!

Please don't try and give me that up against the original crap.
John Carpenter said this how the movie looked in the 70's.
http://bluray.highdefdigest.com/966/halloween1978.html
Look at it's video score. Oh, that's 1 1/2 stars.

For Blu-ray Close Encounters of the Third Kind
http://bluray.highdefdigest.com/1022...ncounters.html
It has 2 lossless tracks DTS HD MA & Dolby True Thats just in english. Also lossless tracks in French & Spanish. Score 4 stars? WHAT?
It has High-def extras.
It gets 2 stars for them?

Now that I know that there are 2 classes the advanced class for Blu-ray & the remedial class for HD DVD Transformers 5 star audio rating makes since.
http://hddvd.highdefdigest.com/1110/transformers.html
Love it or hate it that's the facts.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 11-15-2007, 04:03 PM
glidem's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 47
Default

Well if Robin Hood was originally in surround, then you could have issue. You also have to remember a review is a personal opinion, although I find the reviews here by the vast majority very fair and a great resource to have.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 11-15-2007, 04:07 PM
Mr. Anderson's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 194
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by glidem View Post
Well if Robin Hood was originally in surround, then you could have issue. You also have to remember a review is a personal opinion, although I find the reviews here by the vast majority very fair and a great resource to have.


What did you expect? It's another Blu-Whiner.

While the reviews here are personal opinions, I find them to be interesting and to be honest, quite fair in their assessments. Keep up the good work guys.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 11-15-2007, 04:08 PM
glidem's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 47
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Anderson View Post
Keep up the good work guys.
here here!
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 11-15-2007, 04:09 PM
Liqwid's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 4,170
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by view-it-purple View Post
For HD DVD The Adventures of Robin Hood
http://hddvd.highdefdigest.com/149/a...nhood1938.html
It's in mono for goodness sakes and it received 3 stars.
Doesn't mono meaning 1 as in 1 star!
It has no High-Def extras.
It gets 1/2 star for nothing!
Ummm.... Why don't you try watching the film before you start making complaints. The sound is amazing, and so are all of the features.

It's in mono sound because it was made in freakin' 1933!

kthnxbai
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 11-15-2007, 04:11 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 1,174
Default

omg HDD is biases again (insert your favorite format here)!!!
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 11-15-2007, 04:15 PM
Banned
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 2,396
Default

Shocker! HD DVD Fanboys think the reviews are fair.
I supply data to backup what I believe. You just spew crap and expect it to have merit.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 11-15-2007, 04:17 PM
Mr. Anderson's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 194
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liqwid View Post
Ummm.... Why don't you try watching the film before you start making complaints. The sound is amazing, and so are all of the features.

It's in mono sound because it was made in freakin' 1933!

kthnxbai


Damn!

Someone just got.......


Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 11-15-2007, 04:20 PM
Banned
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 2,396
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Anderson View Post
Damn!

Someone just got.......


HD DVD Fanboy slogan "No facts all FUD".
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 11-15-2007, 04:23 PM
calereneau's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 376
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by view-it-purple View Post
Shocker! HD DVD Fanboys think the reviews are fair.
I supply data to backup what I believe. You just spew crap and expect it to have merit.
Again though, you're saying "Close Encounters has two lossless tracks so it deserves a higher rating than Transformers which only uses DD+" Haven't we heard this enough? You're blindly assuming that Close Encounters' audio is better than Transformers' based on the format in which it's presented. Did you even stop to think that a 2007 action film could sound remotely better than a 1970s sci-fi flick?
Reply With Quote
Reply

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Wierd Results so far on VGChartz! ( If you don't like VG, Don't read ) SupraDoom Gaming Smackdown 17 02-20-2008 10:18 AM
Don't be a scab, don't go blu Trenchalicious High Definition Smackdown 106 02-20-2008 03:41 AM
This site seems to think that Panasonic has gone neutral... Wretched High Definition Smackdown 5 10-03-2007 02:22 PM
Warner not playing fair with Blu-ray releases zzap64 General Discussion: Both Formats 16 12-11-2006 09:03 AM


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off