Lucky Number Slevin Review - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 01-29-2007, 07:25 PM

Default Lucky Number Slevin Review

This has been mentioned on the HD specific boards, but I was just wondering if there was any plan to have an official review on the site? If there's a thread on here already specific to the matter just delete this; I did search though.
Old 01-29-2007, 10:03 PM
PeterB

Hey there --

I was preparing to do 'Slevin' last week. But the copy we got from Weinstein wouldn't play. They are sending out a new one... I'm still waiting. Unfortunately, though we appreciate Weinstein's support, they often don't send titles before street date.

I hope to have a 'Slevin' review as soon as possible... even if I have to go and rent it!

Last edited by jed; 01-29-2007 at 11:53 PM. Reason: changed "Lionsgate" to "Weinstein"
Old 01-29-2007, 11:09 PM

Haha sounds awesome Peter. Thanks for the response. I probably enjoy your reviews the best as it is (it seems that your's are the only ones with star ratings, which I enjoy taking a quick glance at; although I could just be missing others that do it), so that's cool. I actually just got it in the mail today and have yet to watch it. So I'll be able to compare once you get the review up. I popped in the SDVD the other day upconverted and it looked really good.
Old 01-29-2007, 11:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterB View Post
Hey there --

I was preparing to do 'Slevin' last week. But the copy we got from Lionsgate wouldn't play. They are sending out a new one... I'm still waiting. Unfortunately, though we appreciate Lionsgate and their support, they are often slowin sending out titles, at least before street date.

I hope to have a 'Slevin' review as soon as possible... even if I have to go and rent it!
Slevin is a Weinstein title not Lionsgate. I have it, and it looks very good.
Old 01-29-2007, 11:54 PM
HDD Founder

Thanks BigJeff. I just corrected Peter's earlier post. Easy to confuse those "mini-majors"....
Old 01-30-2007, 08:01 AM

Great flick. Rock solid transfer. Played perfectly on my HD-A1 (haven't had any problems with Weinstein discs that others seem to have.)

How's that for a mini-review.
Old 03-05-2007, 12:18 PM
HDD Founder

Well, that only took us a month. The review is now live:

http://hddvd.highdefdigest.com/luckynumberslevin.html