Please Mods - Clean up smackdown - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 11-04-2007, 09:50 AM
formerly Blu Christmas

Default Please Mods - Clean up smackdown

When I first joined we had many threads that would be closed by mods, saying, "Already being discussed" or it was merged.

Nowadays - it seems we have 100 threads discussing the same thing in smackdown. We don't need 40 Transformers threads and 40 Toshiba drop prices - and you can expect 90 Spiderman threads this week.

Please start monitoring these a bit more closely, make some judgement calls and delete or merge threads as necessary. It would really help.

Just my 2 cents.

Thanks,
Old 11-04-2007, 11:02 AM

Personally, I'd much rather have them get rid of the hideous blinking ads that now greet you every time you refresh. YUCK and DOUBLE YUCK!
I'm the 9999999999999999th visitor!
YEE-HAW!
Old 11-04-2007, 11:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blu Christmas View Post
When I first joined we had many threads that would be closed by mods, saying, "Already being discussed" or it was merged.

Nowadays - it seems we have 100 threads discussing the same thing in smackdown. We don't need 40 Transformers threads and 40 Toshiba drop prices - and you can expect 90 Spiderman threads this week.

Please start monitoring these a bit more closely, make some judgement calls and delete or merge threads as necessary. It would really help.

Just my 2 cents.

Thanks,
Yeah, it is getting pretty annoying and crazy there. But if folks would just stop replying / posting in obviously flame bait thread, they would go away. I just ignore them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkadin View Post
Personally, I'd much rather have them get rid of the hideous blinking ads that now greet you every time you refresh. YUCK and DOUBLE YUCK!
I'm the 9999999999999999th visitor!
YEE-HAW!
I use the Firefox browser with Flashblock add-in, and never see those ads unless I specifically click on them.
Old 11-04-2007, 11:57 AM
formerly Blu Christmas

Quote:
Originally Posted by CochiseGuy View Post
Yeah, it is getting pretty annoying and crazy there. But if folks would just stop replying / posting in obviously flame bait thread, they would go away. I just ignore them.
I do ignore them. I think I've posted less the last couple of weeks then I ever have - mostly, cause I've already gave my two cents on the subject when the first thread started days ago.

Like I said, expect this week to have 100 Spiderman threads. I think, for the most part, I'm done with smackdown.
Old 11-04-2007, 12:00 PM

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOoooooooooooooooooooooooo !!

Don't leave BLU CHRISTMAS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 11-04-2007, 01:29 PM
formerly Blu Christmas

Quote:
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOoooooooooooooooooooooooo !!

Don't leave BLU CHRISTMAS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
LOL. I have been finding very little to discuss lately (mainly because some the posts are so silly, it would do no good to respond to them.) I certainly see myself posting much, much less.

I hope that you can continue to keep the smackdown forums civil.

Take it easy, Arkadin.
Old 11-04-2007, 01:33 PM

lol. with all the new people, I doubt anything can be done. I mean I might report something that's REALLY egregious, but it's up to the older members to try and post fairly respectful responses regarding inapropriate comments imo.
Trust me, I'm only into commenting on really blatant crap.
Old 11-04-2007, 01:59 PM
formerly Blu Christmas

Quote:
lol. with all the new people, I doubt anything can be done. I mean I might report something that's REALLY egregious, but it's up to the older members to try and post fairly respectful responses regarding inapropriate comments imo.
Trust me, I'm only into commenting on really blatant crap.
Over 2,300 posts . . . that a lot of crap!
Old 11-04-2007, 02:05 PM

the three types of new threads that bug me are

1) Repetition of the same idea as a thread still on the 1st page

2) Anecdotal evidence "My walmart has these titles displayed like this and there was this guy looking at this one format so ya we are going to win this war". If you guys want to make one or two threads for "HDDVD stories at walmart" and everyone posts there stories that is fine, but the volume of silly anecdotes is a bit rediculous

3) "My analysis" threads. This is a bitter harder to regulate, but there is a lot of "with hardware prices i think i should just say i think HDDVD is going to win" but doesn't supply any new content. When someone makes a thread that walks about an insight opinion or analysis of the situation, it should be something that isn't talked about in threads on the first page.
Old 11-04-2007, 02:07 PM

[
Quote:
QUOTE=Blu Christmas;411851]Over 2,300 posts . . . that a lot of crap!
yeah I try!!