Kmart VP's denial - did he actually say that? is the claim even true? - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 11-02-2007, 08:03 PM

Default Kmart VP's denial - did he actually say that? is the claim even true?

Has Kmart VP actually made the denial or even said anything at all?

Here is the deal. It was one anonymous forum user who first made the claim that Kmart VP had issued a denial. It's one guy who called himself "Talkstr8t" in the AVS forum. It's one guy on the Internet who started the rumor that Sears VP yesterday had made the denial statement.

Now it's already evening today. I'm still not seeing the media or press picking up the "news" of that denial and reporting it. Not Reuters. Not AP. Not CNN. Not any reputable news source. I could find a valid news source that makes the report via Google, or Yahoo, or MSN.

Sears has a webpage that keep tracks of all their press releases and public statements, and that claim of Kmart VP's denial statement is still not showing up in the database.

So. Why does Hi-Def Digest trust some anonymous forum post from guy who called himself "Talkstr8t" on the Internet who made a claim about the Kmart VP had issued a denial statement when no news source reports it?

Why did Hi-Def Digest publish an unverifiable claim on front page? If people do an online search to find out who "published" the Kmart VP's statement first, they could immediately trace the rumor back to that the source -- and it's one anonymous guy in the AV forum. That's not a credible source.

So the claim remains UNVERIFIABLE.

Here's where the "Sears VP' denial" originated: http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...9#post12088219

(I posted this in separate channel, and someone suggested that I should post it here.)
Old 11-02-2007, 08:05 PM

Did Kmart VP actually talk to Hi-Def Digest directly and issued the denial statement to Hi-Def Digest directly?

Because that's the only way Hi-Def Digest could publish it and said it's true. Otherwise, that denial statement has to come from some other news source. But there's no other news source that reported it before Hi-Def Digest (or after.)

But I read the report, and it does not say Kmart VP made the statement to you guys directly.
Old 11-02-2007, 08:13 PM
Banned

Well, since CNN, Reuters, AP, MSN, Yahoo and Google didn't report on the first story, why would they report on the denial?

He's also not an anonymous internet poster, he's a Blu-ray insider.

Of course I'm with you, I'd like to hear the truth.
Old 11-02-2007, 10:27 PM

Did K-Mart say they were exclusive? Or did they say they were only stocking the $199 Toshiba standalone player. Cus that is not an exclusive stance...if a Blu-ray manufacturer decided to clear out some profile 1.0 players at $199, why wouldn't K-Mart carry them?
Old 11-02-2007, 11:43 PM

For what it's worth, Talkstr8t is an insider for a Blu-ray supporting company. Though he does not post his identity or which company he works for, the moderators at AVSForum have checked his credentials. Also, Amir from Microsoft knows who he is.

As for whether the claims he posted are correct or not, I have no idea.
My opinions are strictly my own, and do not necessarily reflect those of this site, its owners or employees.
Old 11-02-2007, 11:57 PM

I don't like how all these "anonymous" sources from the Blu-ray camp keep on disseminating FUD and spreading negative attack spins, and keep on stabbing people from the dark while hiding their identities.

Because I've noticed a lot of the information they are spreading - while remaining anonymous and hidden - are very malicious, deceptive, and often can't be proven or disproved. But because they are anonymous, they think they can say whatever they want without being ever held responsible.

Their tactics are just very disgusting, sneaky and underhanded.
Old 11-03-2007, 12:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh Z View Post
For what it's worth, Talkstr8t is an insider for a Blu-ray supporting company....
But did the claim originated from him? The source of your report: did it come from "Talkstr8t"?
Old 11-03-2007, 12:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Round Peg View Post
But did the claim originated from him? The source of your report: did it come from "Talkstr8t"?
I don't write the news items for this site, so I don't know the answer to that question. I was just responding to your post in this thread asking who Talkstr8t was.
My opinions are strictly my own, and do not necessarily reflect those of this site, its owners or employees.
Old 11-03-2007, 01:31 PM

Kmart is only going to sale the HD A3 this year. I have the layout.
Old 11-03-2007, 05:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Round Peg View Post
I don't like how all these "anonymous" sources from the Blu-ray camp keep on disseminating FUD and spreading negative attack spins, and keep on stabbing people from the dark while hiding their identities.

Because I've noticed a lot of the information they are spreading - while remaining anonymous and hidden - are very malicious, deceptive, and often can't be proven or disproved. But because they are anonymous, they think they can say whatever they want without being ever held responsible.

Their tactics are just very disgusting, sneaky and underhanded.
What "anonymous" posters and FUD are you talking about. For example is Talkstr8t no "anonymous" person. He is just not a public person. He has not spoken any FUD or lies either so please post some links or evidence of anything you are writing.

I think your tactic is "very disgusting, sneaky and underhanded" and you are an anonymous guy or girl.