One Problem with moving threads around - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 10-29-2007, 02:14 PM

Default One Problem with moving threads around

ok so I'm reading this thread in "Hd-DVD Bargains" forum and I notice some smackdown comments. So I dutifully report them because I mean HDD does have a separate forum for this sort of thing. And so I report a few and then I realize based on a comment in the thread that the thread has been MOVED to HD-DVD Bargains apparently. Now I feel like a fool of course, because obviously the comments I reported had been ok as the thread had been in smackdown. The mods need to be aware of this when they move a thread out of smackdown and include a comment to this effect or delete smackdown comments before moving thread imo. This is really embarrassing to be reporting people wrongly. How can we prevent this in the future?
Old 10-29-2007, 02:30 PM

Everything turns into a Smackdown, really, regardless of where it starts and where it ends up.
Old 10-29-2007, 02:33 PM

not sure I understand your post Aurora. I don't agree with this at all. sorry.
Old 10-29-2007, 02:47 PM

My point is that if you try to report every instance of smackdown comments in a thread outside those forums, you'll end up flooding the moderators' inboxes.
Old 10-29-2007, 02:50 PM

uhhh ok. this hasn't been my experience on here regarding numerous smackdown in other areas. maybe a more recent trend. not sure.
Old 10-29-2007, 04:25 PM
HDD Founder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkadin View Post
ok so I'm reading this thread in "Hd-DVD Bargains" forum and I notice some smackdown comments. So I dutifully report them because I mean HDD does have a separate forum for this sort of thing. And so I report a few and then I realize based on a comment in the thread that the thread has been MOVED to HD-DVD Bargains apparently. Now I feel like a fool of course, because obviously the comments I reported had been ok as the thread had been in smackdown. The mods need to be aware of this when they move a thread out of smackdown and include a comment to this effect or delete smackdown comments before moving thread imo. This is really embarrassing to be reporting people wrongly. How can we prevent this in the future?
Thanks for pointing this out Arkadin, we'll look at ways to improve this moving forward.
Old 10-29-2007, 06:52 PM

Jed. thank you for looking into this.