Hardware reviews on this website? - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 10-11-2007, 05:10 PM

Default Hardware reviews on this website?

Hi, I am one of those still sitting on the sides, waiting for the formats' war dust to clear, so I haven't had any real interest on Hi-Def formats up until now. But I've begun to feel that, due to my waiting stance, I am being left behinf in the know-how department, so I've decided it's time to at least get up to speed on the matter.

To that end, I would like to start getting information on the hardware part of the equation, the players themselves, but I've not found any hardware reviews on the High-Def Digest website, only software reviews.

Did I not look it up hard enough, or there are indeed no hardware reviews here?

Thank you for your help for this newbie.
Old 10-11-2007, 05:20 PM

I recall seeing at least one hardware review for the Toshiba XA2 HD DVD player. Go to the hardware section of the forums, or do a search and you will find the thread.
Old 10-11-2007, 05:29 PM

Thank you for your prompt reply, but do you mean you recall seeing that review HERE on the boards?

Because maybe I explained myself not clearly enough, but I meant I cannot find a hardware review link on the website homepage, while there are clear and easy to find links to software reviews in both formats.
Old 10-11-2007, 07:10 PM

Thank you, Arkadin.

I am aware there a a number of resources for hardware reviews out there, but, as a fervent admirer of Mr. Bracke from his DVD File days, I was hoping I could turn this website into my main source for all Hi-Def related info.

(and I though that maybe the reviews WERE there on the home page, but I was just failing to find the right link)

Thank you for the links, anyway. I'll make sure of taking a look.
Old 10-11-2007, 07:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roy Batty View Post
Thank you for your prompt reply, but do you mean you recall seeing that review HERE on the boards?

Because maybe I explained myself not clearly enough, but I meant I cannot find a hardware review link on the website homepage, while there are clear and easy to find links to software reviews in both formats.
The guy is right...there was a review for one of the Toshiba Players several months back...it has been a while...but i recall there being one. Not sure how you could search it but I think it was part of the news section.

EDIT: Found it- http://hddvd.highdefdigest.com/hreview_hdxa2030207.html
Old 10-12-2007, 12:33 AM

Yeah, I didn't mean that it was on the homepage. It's here in the forums. But, it IS an official review done by the people that own/maintain this website.