When Will The Review System Get DTS-HD-MA? - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 10-03-2007, 02:15 PM

Default When Will The Review System Get DTS-HD-MA?

From Peter's review of Fantastic Four: ROSS
Quote:
Fox continues to support the DTS-HD Lossless Master Audio format, and we get a very nice 5.1 surround track here at 48kHz/24-bit/6.9mbps. Unfortunately, we are just on the verge of finally being able to upgrade our review system with DTS-HD decoding
When exactly will the review system have this capability?
Can you post a article on the site at the time this is done?
Thanks guys.
Old 10-03-2007, 02:30 PM

Also, it is possible that previous discs that have gotten reviews based on the DTS-HD MA core only will be updated with reviews of the full lossless track?

I would also appreciate on new releases with this codec, if both the full lossless track AND the core were addressed separately, because I may not be able to access those for a while.

Thanks!
Old 10-03-2007, 02:55 PM
HDD Founder

Don't know exactly when the rigs will be updated, but as Peter said, we're working on it.

We do plan on posting an article with our reviewers' initial thoughts after listening to their first DTS-HD MA tracks -- stay tuned for that. And while we do ultimately plan to revisit the older titles, it's likely to take a while.

I'll pass along your request to include commentary on the core once we're up-to-date.
Old 10-04-2007, 07:57 AM

Thanks Jed.
Old 10-07-2007, 12:36 AM

Default dts

Great news!! I would be interested to see what kind of difference there is between the two.

BTW, this is the BEST site for reviews!! Really appreciate all the effort you do. Thanks!!