Are the moderators here biased towards PS3/Bluray? - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 09-26-2007, 10:38 AM
Banned

Default Are the moderators here biased towards PS3/Bluray?

First off, I doubt this thread will see the light of day for more than a few minutes until some moderator:

1- Sees it
2- Gets immediately offended
3- Deletes it
4- Gives me an infraction
5- Bans me

If i'm wrong on this, then I underextimated the mods, and the whole premise of this post might very well be incorrect. If I'm right, the above will probably happen.

Regardless, I still think it needs to be posted for the benefit of the few who might see it. It is very much "on topic" as this is a "Smackdown" section, and I think it warrants discussion as to whether both sides of the debate are equally represented and have the same chance of being expressed.

At first, I though it might be the sometimes abrasive/contemptuous tone of my posts that caused me to get so many infractions any time i voiced antiPS3 sentiment. Then I started noticing other threads that aligned with my views get deleted. However, I continue to see almost parallel posts which support PS3 or bash the 360 that continue to be allowed to exist.

For me, the final straw was when I recieved an infraction for having the followin text in my sig:
"At this point, I wouldn't care if the sum of Halo 3 was a low resolution anime game about moving rocks from place to place, so long as it inflicts severe injury or death on the PS3."

It was explained that "smackdown" wasnt allowed in my sig file. I content that its not "smackdown" and wonder who defines "smackdown" anyways? What the hell determines what "smackdown" is?!?! Hell, i've seem so many posts get deleted from the "smackdown" forum because its defined as flamebait. Come on!!! Get real! You called the forum "SMACKDOWN"!!!!! What the hell did you expect? If you want to avoid heated and emotional debate, the rename it "Game Console Constructive Debate".

Anyways, I doubt abyone here will get much of a chance to read this, but I thought these things needed to be said. If you disagree, then fine. Id be very interested in hearing from people who might think this forum is actually 360 biased instead of PS3 biased.
Old 09-26-2007, 10:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marv800 View Post
First off, I doubt this thread will see the light of day for more than a few minutes until some moderator:

1- Sees it
3- Deletes it
5- Bans me

If i'm wrong on this, then I underextimated the mods, and the whole premise of this post might very well be incorrect. If I'm right, the above will probably happen.

Regardless, I still think it needs to be posted for the benefit of the few who might see it. It is very much "on topic" as this is a "Smackdown" section, and I think it warrants discussion as to whether both sides of the debate are equally represented and have the same chance of being expressed.

At first, I though it might be the sometimes abrasive/contemptuous tone of my posts that caused me to get so many infractions any time i voiced antiPS3 sentiment. Then I started noticing other threads that aligned with my views get deleted. However, I continue to see almost parallel posts which support PS3 or bash the 360 that continue to be allowed to exist.

For me, the final straw was when I recieved an infraction for having the followin text in my sig:
"At this point, I wouldn't care if the sum of Halo 3 was a low resolution anime game about moving rocks from place to place, so long as it inflicts severe injury or death on the PS3."

It was explained that "smackdown" wasnt allowed in my sig file. I content that its not "smackdown" and wonder who defines "smackdown" anyways? What the hell determines what "smackdown" is?!?! Hell, i've seem so many posts get deleted from the "smackdown" forum because its defined as flamebait. Come on!!! Get real! You called the forum "SMACKDOWN"!!!!! What the hell did you expect? If you want to avoid heated and emotional debate, the rename it "Game Console Constructive Debate".

Anyways, I doubt abyone here will get much of a chance to read this, but I thought these things needed to be said. If you disagree, then fine. Id be very interested in hearing from people who might think this forum is actually 360 biased instead of PS3 biased.
They just happen to let the most educated posters become moderators. Imagine that they all like the superior product!
Old 09-26-2007, 10:54 AM

In before the lock!
Old 09-26-2007, 10:59 AM

Quote:

1- Sees it
3- Deletes it
5- Bans me

I got a sig infraction awhile back for calling HD DVD the look and sound of a format dud. The reason you got an infraction for that is because smackdown content should only be in smackdown forums. Makes sense, right? There are format agnostic forums on this board... You just never go to them.
Old 09-26-2007, 11:11 AM
Formerly MrENGLISH

Why is this in Game Console Smackdown? It should be in Feedback
Old 09-26-2007, 11:21 AM

Quote:

It was explained that "smackdown" wasnt allowed in my sig file. I content that its not "smackdown" and wonder who defines "smackdown" anyways?
You don't think that sig was not a smackdown and putdown?
Old 09-26-2007, 11:24 AM

The mods are biased against those who are antagonistic and spiteful IMO. It has nothing to do with the console you support and everything to do with your behavior.
Old 09-26-2007, 11:27 AM

The mods aren't anywhere near strict enough. If they were, so many people here would get banned. The rules aren't followed as written. It's supposed to be 3 insults and you're temp-banned -- it takes more like 300.
Old 09-26-2007, 11:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackBauer24 View Post
The mods are biased against those who are antagonistic and spiteful IMO. It has nothing to do with the console you support and everything to do with your behavior.
Agreed...for gosh sakes, people, it's not like your lives depended on the sale of these things (I actually have MSFT stock and should be more biased towards MS product if that were so)...this is just the usual tribalism that is so common in human nature....anyone who starts threatening or saying over-the-top comments (even jokingly) should be warned. This forum is supposed to be competitive fun...
Old 09-26-2007, 12:13 PM

Actually I'm suprised more people aren't banned sooner with all the personal attacks. It really lowers the level of discussion about a certain topic. Smack the topics down all you like, but when people start directing the discussion towards the posters, that's when things start to get out of hand.