New Buy/Feedback Score - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 09-16-2007, 11:55 PM

Default New Buy/Feedback Score

OK, I can see the idea behind it - but, why does it need to be applied to every member? Only a small percentage of members Trade/Sell - A score of 0/0 implies the poster is not reliable, if they have never participated in selling / trading.
Old 09-17-2007, 12:09 AM

It would be a hassle to apply it to some members and not others. This way, if you make a trade every now and then, you have the feedback. You might not intend to trade now, but you never know when sometime might come up that you weren't expecting.

Quote:
A score of 0/0 implies the poster is not reliable, if they have never participated in selling / trading.
So I guess the only way to be "reliable" is to have done a trade before? Sounds like the old "We won't hire you because you have no experience. Good luck finding someone who doesn't tell you the same thing...." You have to start sometime, you know.
Old 09-17-2007, 12:10 AM
Banned

ya, i saw that. can we have a most infractions by hd-ded stat up in the corner too? i'd be a league leader for sure in that.

that's just a joke...everybody take it easy.
Old 09-20-2007, 11:05 PM
Former Member

I enjoy the new system, as much of a pain as it is right now, catching up. I don't like that we can only post 1 feedback per user for a 2 or so hour period, so members I did multiple transactions with may only get one + due to this.

But honestly, if someone has 2000 posts like Midnighter, but 0 trades, we can assume he's not going to flake out and leave the community here. Unless Scooby Doo is THAT important to him that he needs it for free. Everyone's gotta start somewhere, and I like that it's on the profile and on every post. That way I don't have to tell people to look at this or that
Old 09-21-2007, 01:58 PM

I have 2 positive sells. Am I supposed to have them resubmit their feedback? That seems awkward.
Old 09-21-2007, 03:19 PM
Former Member

yeah, i went through the feedback thread and reposted them all, but a couple couldn't (pm trades), and a couple wouldn't (multiple transactions at varied dates).

It's awkward, but as a trader, seller, buyer, I felt it important, not only for my own record, but for the other people who've been trading long before and have been stellar up to this point, why discount their work?
Old 09-21-2007, 07:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by n8boss87 View Post
yeah, i went through the feedback thread and reposted them all, but a couple couldn't (pm trades), and a couple wouldn't (multiple transactions at varied dates).

It's awkward, but as a trader, seller, buyer, I felt it important, not only for my own record, but for the other people who've been trading long before and have been stellar up to this point, why discount their work?
With the feedback threads gone, I can't recall the name of the first buyer.
Old 09-21-2007, 08:28 PM
Former Member

the positive threads are still there, just locked, last I looked (last evening). I have a few to still do, but so long as you filled it out properly (ie URL) the first time, you're set and can repost