Bill Hunt bashing - High-Def Digest Forums
Closed Thread

Old 09-13-2007, 08:27 PM
Banned

Default Bill Hunt bashing

The Bill Hunt bashing has got to stop. Many threads are created to bash him, and loads of comments are vile attacks on his character.

He's a member of this forum, so all of that is already against the rules, but seriously, it has to stop. It does not foster topics of anything but flaming both ways.
Old 09-13-2007, 09:42 PM
Banned

he's set himself up as a pundit, he's got to expect this sort of thing. It's the price for all those parties thrown for him and the money he makes from his website.
Old 09-13-2007, 09:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hippy fascist View Post
he's set himself up as a pundit, he's got to expect this sort of thing. It's the price for all those parties thrown for him and the money he makes from his website.
Exactly. Someone hand out the pacifiers.
Old 09-13-2007, 10:05 PM

It's one thing to disagree with him, and express dissatisfaction with his opinions and "articles," quite another to call insult him and accuse him of taking bribes.
Old 09-13-2007, 10:12 PM

I have spoken to a mod regarding criticism of member amir before, and was told that "public figures" are exempt from forum rules regarding personal attacks, so that argument is moot. However, there certainly should be a balance maintained in such threads between reasonable criticism and baselees attacks of character imo. Posts that cross the line should be reported by forum members and I am sure the mods will act based on the rules in place.
Old 09-13-2007, 10:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkadin View Post
I have spoken to a mod regarding criticism of member amir before, and was told that "public figures" are exempt from forum rules regarding personal attacks, so that argument is moot. However, there certainly should be a balance maintained in such threads between reasonable criticism and baselees attacks of character imo. Posts that cross the line should be reported by forum members and I am sure the mods will act based on the rules in place.
amirm
HD DVD/Microsoft Insider

Bill Hunt
1 Post Member.

There is a difference between the two in status. Bill Hunt does not fit your description.
Old 09-13-2007, 10:33 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spideybat View Post
amirm
HD DVD/Microsoft Insider

Bill Hunt
1 Post Member.

There is a difference between the two in status. Bill Hunt does not fit your description.
No kidding.

If hes gonna cry and not post again, he shouldn't have come here then.. people have opinions.. that what makes EVERYONE SPECIAL.
Old 09-13-2007, 10:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aurora View Post
It's one thing to disagree with him, and express dissatisfaction with his opinions and "articles," quite another to call insult him and accuse him of taking bribes.
He insults the consumer everyday with this 2 cents

What insult made that was so heart felt?
That his two cents is not worth 1 cent or he's a bore.

How do you know he didn't take some money to pr for the BDA?
Old 09-13-2007, 10:36 PM

maybe you're right, but I didn't even bother to check his post count. The bottem line is, the mods have allowed negative comments and threads regarding amir based on "public figure" argument so the result is the same.
Old 09-13-2007, 10:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1080p View Post
How do you know he didn't take some money to pr for the BDA?
How do you know he did?

Again, I direct you to my "required reading" link in my profile. This is a burden of proof fallacy. The way it works is like this. A makes a claim without real evidence, citing that unless B produces evidence to the contrary, the claim must be true. The trouble is that it is up to A to prove her claim, not B to disprove it.

An example. Unicorns are real. Since you can't really prove to me that they don't actually exist--even if no one in the world has seen one, there still could be one in hiding, somewhere, or one living where there are no people--they must be real, right?
Closed Thread