How long will 'Founding Member' status continue for? - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 10-17-2006, 11:50 AM
Super Moderator

Default Benefits of being a ‘Founding Member’?

Quick question Jed:

I just wanted to know how long the 'Founding Member' status will continue for?

Will it be until a certain date or until you reach a certain threshold in members?

Cheers!

Last edited by Tejstar; 10-19-2006 at 03:32 AM. Reason: More relevant
Old 10-17-2006, 12:52 PM
HDD Founder

Hi Tejstar --

The current plan is to extend "Founding Member" status to new registants until the end of October. To be clear, those who have founding member status will retain it indefinately (ie, beyond October).

The next question I would ask is: so, what's so special about founding member status? The answer: beyond earning bragging rights for having been one of the first to join our community (and special status in our eyes), there will be special privileges extended to founding members -- ie: you won't have to wait to reach usage thresholds for certain functions whereas new members (moving forward) will.

We'd also like to offer some freebies to those with "founding member" status at some point -- we'll need some freebie inventory, of course, to do that, but I'm hopeful we'll get it.

We're open to any feedback or suggestions you may have, so feel free to post them here to let me know personally.

Best,
Jed
Old 10-18-2006, 03:31 AM
Super Moderator

That sounds great Jed, the site seems to be picking up momentum already!

A quick question – Is there a way to edit titles of posts? I wanted to change the title to “Benefits of being a ‘Founding Member’?” as it seems more appropriate given your response.
Old 10-18-2006, 05:16 PM
HDD Founder

I believe if you click "edit" under your original post, and then "go advanced," you can edit the post title. Please let me know if that doesn't work...
Old 10-19-2006, 03:34 AM
Super Moderator

Thanks. It seems to have changed the title within the thread but not from the outside - could be a limitation of the software?
Old 10-19-2006, 06:27 AM

It's picking up Jed, just like I thought.
Old 10-20-2006, 06:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jed View Post
Hi Tejstar --

The current plan is to extend "Founding Member" status to new registants until the end of October. To be clear, those who have founding member status will retain it indefinately (ie, beyond October).

The next question I would ask is: so, what's so special about founding member status? The answer: beyond earning bragging rights for having been one of the first to join our community (and special status in our eyes), there will be special privileges extended to founding members -- ie: you won't have to wait to reach usage thresholds for certain functions whereas new members (moving forward) will.

We'd also like to offer some freebies to those with "founding member" status at some point -- we'll need some freebie inventory, of course, to do that, but I'm hopeful we'll get it.

We're open to any feedback or suggestions you may have, so feel free to post them here to let me know personally.

Best,
Jed

Sounds like this is going to better than I thought! Weeeeeee!
By my calculations, I am user #142. I can't believe I did not see the forums tab earlier!
Old 09-12-2009, 08:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jed View Post
Where's my freebies? Did I call in that day?

Sorry, couldn't resist. I had someone ask me if I got a monthly check for being a founding member so I had to find this thread to refresh my memory on what was planned back when this site was just a baby.
Old 09-17-2009, 02:28 PM
HDD Founder

Yeah, the freebies thing never really panned out. Apologies. But you do get the badge -- that didn't exist back in the day. And are you not receiving your monthly check?
Old 09-17-2009, 02:54 PM
Former Member

Jed!!!!!!!!!