negative comments in disc exchange forums - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 08-27-2007, 11:58 PM
Former Member

Default negative comments in disc exchange forums

I don't want to be a whiner, and I am not saying this saying it has happened to me, as it has not yet, but I'm seeing a growing pattern of people being real jerks in other people's for trade/for sale threads, questioning them on prices, saying this or that isn't a good deal. Things like this:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Name edited to protect the guilty View Post
four for "heroes s1"? that's even worse than the other guy's five-for-seven offer.
or this recent gem:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Person who does said bullcrap A LOT View Post
Umm isnt this retail price on this item in most place? Plus those would come with the slip cover. Why is the HD DVD selling section so much better with reasonable prices yet every single blu ray person thinks there used blu rays are worth more than $15.
Which directly led to
Quote:
Originally Posted by follow-up rudeness to thread starter View Post
Kinda gay huh? I did find some BR's for $12 to $14 shipped.
good luck~
and another from mr repeat rudeness:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Still editing out names View Post
So wait this makes no sense to me. Maybe i'm stupid but Fast and the Furious is $15 + 2.50 so thats $17.50 when target sells it new for 19.99.
A member recently did the same thing, but was kind enough to edit it out when pointed out how terribly rude it was. Things like this hurt people's chances of selling/trading, and can derail a thread horribly. If someone has a bad price, before or after shipping, then maybe they won't get sales, but to publicly point out their prices "suck" is really, REALLY rude and guarantees they won't get sales. There is nothing saying X titles command X price, maybe someone paid more than the new going rate for the title! Are comments like that allowed in that forum, or is it the usual "report this post" kinda deal.

I don't want to create trouble, I just don't want to see people's chances of business be hurt here by some people with a lack of manners. Any suggestions would be grand.

Last edited by project-blu; 08-28-2007 at 12:29 AM.
Old 08-28-2007, 08:56 AM
Banned

I semi agree.

But the people who are trying to sell, ask absurd trades or prices.. you can't deny that..

They don't deserve it..but it does seem like they are setting themselves up for it.. I mean seriously..

Four hd for heroes? Thats just laughable..
Old 08-28-2007, 10:12 AM
Former Member

But that isn't up for us to determine. If they're too high, or ridiculous, people won't go for it and they won't get what they want. Right?
Old 08-28-2007, 10:29 AM

I agree that it's rude.If someone isn't interested at all in dealing then don't post in the thread.If they want to argue the price then pm the seller directly.
Being a dink doesn't benefit anyone.