Ip Ban Fraud Users! - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 08-25-2007, 12:37 AM
Banned

Default Ip Ban Fraud Users!

Ive been scammed twice on these boards, both in the past week and a half.

Samuel

He took my money and never sent anything, and since then haven't logged on or responded to my emails or msgs.

THIS IS FRAUD PEOPLE.

I am not the only one who has had this happen, and yet nothing seems to be getting done about it.

I can prove through the paypal payments and emails payments were made, both have been approved by paypal and I will be awaiting their decision.

Mods need to take a damn stand on this site and help prevent this further, IP ban people who are caught doing this, and as long as the person having the crime committed against them can prove it, ban their internet address!

This will prevent the user from being able to scam others.

Hell in the hd exchange forum the guy screwed over what? 8 people?

How is this fair? SOMETHING NEEDS TO BE DONE.

Having to deal with paypal is such a pain, and to allow users to scam others NEEDS TO BE STOPPED POST HASTE.

Hopefully something can be done. I already posted in the bad feedback section, but nothing has been brought up or done.

Last edited by Ice2Dragon; 08-28-2007 at 10:59 PM.
Old 08-25-2007, 12:53 AM

Doesn't paypal cover it?
Old 08-25-2007, 12:56 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaronwt View Post
Doesn't paypal cover it?
Not if their accounts don't have the money in it..

I.E. they withdrew it and don't have any funds..

And it takes them up to fifteen days.. business days.
Old 08-25-2007, 01:13 AM

Didn't you just send money to Samuel like 5 days ago? He definitely had an old posting here and nobody complained about him then, so I would give him a bit more time.

Likewise with TSL141.

You simply can't start complaining if things don't show up right away. These people may not be 'commercial' businesses so it may take them a week or so to get off their butts and mail you stuff.

It regularly takes 2 weeks for some of my $300+ eBay transaction that I buy to show up at my home.

So, please, if you don't see anything from them within' THREE weeks, please send the mods a PM or use the 'REPORT POST' feature within the thread itself.

Thanks
Old 08-25-2007, 04:48 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by HD-DED View Post
Didn't you just send money to Samuel like 5 days ago? He definitely had an old posting here and nobody complained about him then, so I would give him a bit more time.

Likewise with TSL141.

You simply can't start complaining if things don't show up right away. These people may not be 'commercial' businesses so it may take them a week or so to get off their butts and mail you stuff.

It regularly takes 2 weeks for some of my $300+ eBay transaction that I buy to show up at my home.

So, please, if you don't see anything from them within' THREE weeks, please send the mods a PM or use the 'REPORT POST' feature within the thread itself.

Thanks
Oh im sorry, I guess im the only one who finds it odd that after they get the money they log off never to return on.

No, not odd at all.

Thats not rare or anything?
Old 08-25-2007, 05:54 AM

This is just my opinion, but an agreed time of shipping should be made, before any type of money or trade exchange. Especcially when dealing with PayPal. That person gets their money instantly. Why should the buyer have to wait three weeks for the seller to get of their asses to get down to the Post Offices? Even if the seller is being lazy, and not sending the item out right away, does that mean he/she should stop all contact, via E-Mail, IM's, PM's. It appears to me they are just dodging the bullet. That doesn't make much sense, nor does it protect the rights of the buyer. If the situtations were reversed, and the seller sent out their product and the buyer took over 3 weeks to ship them their the money, you would be getting letters from a collection agency...if you get my drift. This issue may seem to be affecting only person at this given moment. Yet, remember it takes one rotten apple to spoil the bunch. If this behavior is not brought to a stop, it almost seems that it's being condoned. Please don't forget that this can happen to either one of us and need to support Ice2Dragon!
Old 08-25-2007, 10:24 AM
Former Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ice2Dragon View Post
Not if their accounts don't have the money in it..

I.E. they withdrew it and don't have any funds..

And it takes them up to fifteen days.. business days.
I'm certain Ice2Dragon isn't the only member who's been hit, but he is the only member making a stand and asking what will become of it.

By the way, you can only file so many paypal claims per time period, so technically, not ALL transactions are covered, ya know? Just like you can only go to traffic school ONCE per 18 months here in CA.

Also, with paypal, if they withdraw funds, and someone files a claim, if they zeroed their account, Paypal withdraws money from their paypal account to cover the claim, win or lose. Then, if they're put into a negative, they cannot purchase ANYTHING. Any funds they receive will only help them climb out of negative, and can't be accessed until the claim is decided win or lose (and if they lose, you do get your money back, and they just can't use paypal AT ALL until they fix their negative balance. Hurts them A LOT). If the withdrawal of funds to a bank account is still pending, as well, and a claim is filed that does not have sufficient funds in the account, paypal will stop the withdrawal as well.

Both things have happened to me, on an illegitimate claim filed on me. I sent a DS to someone, it got delivered within 2 days, a week later he says he never got it. Delivery confirmation proved otherwise, claim filed, a month later I won. But in that month, I couldn't buy ANYTHING, and it disrupted my personal business.

Additionally, Ice, I'm not going to trash you, but I can say, that SOMETIMES, even legitimate users/sellers/traders have shit happen. I've had items I've sent get lost in the mail, or delayed for 2 weeks. I'm as legit an ebay user as anyone, and I've had MANY problems with people. I'm lucky to still have a 100%. It's all about having confirmation #'s of shipment, it's the only way a seller can win a paypal claim anymore. But requesting punishment on the users so quickly before everything gets ironed out, and before a definitive amount of time passes that, if the trade were legit, would have beyond doubt happened, is only jumping the gun.

Last edited by project-blu; 08-25-2007 at 11:28 AM.
Old 08-25-2007, 04:00 PM
Banned

http://forums.highdefdigest.com/showthread.php?t=12460

That person who made that thread, was he banned for scamming everyone?

Did anything happen to him? Last time I checked, nothing was done.

The mods, however many there are, haven't done their job of MODERATING and helping us out with this crap.

2 weeks is an insane amount of time for things to be mailed.

If you are going to sell dvd's on here and can't ship them out within two-three days, then don't bother selling them. Thats extremely unfair to us as though almost all of us pay by paypal, and expect how product to be shipped either the next or two days afterwards.

Its now going on two weeks, and still no reply, they haven't logged back on.

And the steps to prevent this from happening again are what? Don't buy dvd's here? That's such a negative connotation for this site.

A few people are ruining it for everyone.. and as far as you know... the person from the thread I copied could have been Samuel (who had 4 posts, all within the same thread) or TSL.. But we wouldn't know that.

IP Banning would prevent ppl like the copied thread from being able to rip people off again..

Why does it seem like Im the only one out of how many users that supports this (albeit a few)? Why do you want to keep getting ripped off?

I would think mods would jump at the chance to help MODERATE the board and help MODERATE the fraud that goes on...
Old 08-26-2007, 02:29 PM
HDD Founder

FYI, we are investigating these users and will take action against them if nothing is received after three weeks time (and if they continue to be unresponsive).

In the future, when/if issues like this crop up, please send the mods a PM or use the 'REPORT POST' feature within the thread itself. It's impossible for our mods to pro-actively mod all 200,000+ posts -- we rely on our members to report issues.

As I've mentioned previously, Itrader is due to go up later this month, which will help track good and bad traders more efficiently than the current feedback threads, but there's likely to always be bad seeds -- as with any transaction, caveat emptor (let the buyer beware).
Old 08-28-2007, 10:58 PM
Banned

I finally received the package.. nearly two plus weeks afterwards.. it was sent out 4 days ago..

TSL

Overall happy I received them..

But resolution solved..