Get rid of smackdown forums. - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 08-21-2007, 03:23 PM

Default Get rid of smackdown forums.

Great website. Thanks for the great work you put into running this site smoothly. I do have one suggestion...just drop the smackdown forums. I know...just dont visit the forum(I have heard this option before). But all the smackdown forums serve is to breed hate. When that hate starts to surface in other forums that I participate in and are not of the smackdown variety, it makes me a bit mad. I mean...I am 40 years old and I dont want to get into a heated and sometimes insulting debate with somebody else. I would just like all the conversations I have with other members to be calm and respectful...whether it be a difference of opinion or not. There are alot of smart, inteligent members on this site. Dont know if you can do anything for this suggestion I have. But, thank you for making the suggestion possible and permitting me to let off some steam.
Old 08-21-2007, 03:30 PM

I love the smackdown forums...

Always a funny read...

Lego
Old 08-21-2007, 03:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by taygan315 View Post
Great website. Thanks for the great work you put into running this site smoothly. I do have one suggestion...just drop the smackdown forums. I know...just dont visit the forum(I have heard this option before). But all the smackdown forums serve is to breed hate. When that hate starts to surface in other forums that I participate in and are not of the smackdown variety, it makes me a bit mad. I mean...I am 40 years old and I dont want to get into a heated and sometimes insulting debate with somebody else. I would just like all the conversations I have with other members to be calm and respectful...whether it be a difference of opinion or not. There are alot of smart, inteligent members on this site. Dont know if you can do anything for this suggestion I have. But, thank you for making the suggestion possible and permitting me to let off some steam.
Then just stay out of the Smackdown Forum. Like the saying goes: If ya can't stand the heat, stay out of the kitchen. You can go to the General Discussion forum where smackdown is forbidden.

The Smackdown forum has always been the most popular forum here. It serves as a catalyst for healthy debate - although sometimes it gets out of hand, but that's why there are moderators to punish rule violations.
Old 08-21-2007, 03:33 PM

I know I have tried. I posted this poll and the majority clearly is against it. http://forums.highdefdigest.com/showthread.php?t=10115
Old 08-21-2007, 03:35 PM

Besides, when this war ends and one winner is left standing - then by default - the Smackdown forum will be moot.
Old 08-21-2007, 03:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nighthawk View Post
Then just stay out of the Smackdown Forum. Like the saying goes: If ya can't stand the heat, stay out of the kitchen. You can go to the General Discussion forum where smackdown is forbidden.

The Smackdown forum has always been the most popular forum here. It serves as a catalyst for healthy debate - although sometimes it gets out of hand, but that's why there are moderators to punish rule violations.
Healthy debate? Come on. It's a big sandbox for adolescent behavior.
Old 08-21-2007, 03:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spideybat View Post
I know I have tried. I posted this poll and the majority clearly is against it. http://forums.highdefdigest.com/showthread.php?t=10115
Hey, I missed voting in that poll. Dang !!!!!!
Old 08-21-2007, 03:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spideybat View Post
Healthy debate? Come on. It's a big sandbox for adolescent behavior.
And you still post in it?? Hmmm.......
Old 08-21-2007, 03:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nighthawk View Post
Hey, I missed voting in that poll. Dang !!!!!!
Mods, could you please re-open the poll? Thanks.
Old 08-21-2007, 03:42 PM

Yes, will the mods reopen the poll?

Better yet, Spidey why don't you post a new poll right now?