Minimum number of posts for the for sale forum - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 08-17-2007, 11:26 AM

Default Minimum number of posts for the for sale forum

I think in order to trade or sell, members should have a minimum number of posts (between 25 and 50).

thus, we won't have to worry about scammers coming on and just setting up to sell stuff.
Old 08-17-2007, 11:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by joey0480 View Post
I think in order to trade or sell, members should have a minimum number of posts (between 25 and 50).

thus, we won't have to worry about scammers coming on and just setting up to sell stuff.

That's a good idea, but not sure how they'd distinguish between regular posters and sellers. I think a few of us in the HD DVD section got took since none of us has received the HD DVDs the guy sold us. We're still giving him a couple weeks but we're starting to feel a little uneasy about the ordeal.
Old 08-17-2007, 12:22 PM
HDD Founder

We're in the process of installing iTrader, which will help manage user reputations w/r/t selling. Having said that, when dealing with members who don't have an existing track record on the site I recommend exercising caution -- if you yourself have an established reputation, you might consider asking the seller to use a service like escrow.com for the first transaction.