Forum Update 3.13.2019 - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 03-12-2019, 01:47 PM
Administrator

Default Forum Update 3.13.2019

UPDATE 2: 3/15 @ 11AM PDT -- The update is finished, though there may be a few bugs. Please feel free to post issues here or in a new issue-dedicated Feedback thread.

EDIT/UPDATE: 3/15 @ 9:40am PDT -- Still working on getting the Forums fixed. The update caused other server issues. I'll post a note here when we're done, and then we can check out any issues folks may still be having.

ORIGINAL POST:

Hi, Folks,

Our tech team will be migrating our vBulletin software to a different version in hopes of fixing a few bugs that have been plaguing the forums since vBulletin rolled out mandatory updates earlier this year. As such, the forums will be shut down for about 2 hours in the middle of the day on Wednesday, March 13, 2019. If you can't post, log-in, or the site gives you any error messages, this is why.

If you're reading this AFTER March 13, 2019, and are experiencing any problems, please post a new thread in this Feedback forum and we'll get that info over to our tech team.

Thanks!
Old 03-12-2019, 09:01 PM
Mod, Staff, Movie Buff

Yay!!! I think. Hopefully our Zavvi threads with images will finally be visible again.
Old 03-15-2019, 07:41 AM

woo hoo! here's hoping my logon cookie issue is resolved, I'll report back later.
Old 03-15-2019, 12:01 PM

nope.. still seemingly having to log in on every visit, but it's at the office and we may be blocking a cookie drop, I'll check again tonight.
Old 03-15-2019, 12:40 PM
Administrator

Hey, Diane -

The Forum update hasn't been finished yet. Stay Tuned.

PS... I would have updated this thread yesterday, but the Forums were down all day, so I put a note up on our Facebook page.
Old 03-15-2019, 02:05 PM
Administrator

Diane --

The Forum update is finished. I talked to my tech team about your issue, which, as you mentioned, may be cookie related. I'm going to PM you with an email address you can use to share more of your issue, to see if there's anything specific we can do to resolve.

Effectively, you should only have to log in once per browser and, after clicking Remember Me, it should do just that.
Old 03-17-2019, 09:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palmer View Post
Diane --

The Forum update is finished. I talked to my tech team about your issue, which, as you mentioned, may be cookie related. I'm going to PM you with an email address you can use to share more of your issue, to see if there's anything specific we can do to resolve.

Effectively, you should only have to log in once per browser and, after clicking Remember Me, it should do just that.
Thanks Palmer, I'm reaching out per your email, the issue did not resolve for me at home and on multiple browsers.