Can't get to "Blu-ray Software General Discussion" from the menu - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 01-15-2019, 07:43 AM

Default Can't get to "Blu-ray Software General Discussion" from the menu

So if I'm at the menu here:
https://forums.highdefdigest.com/forum.php
and try to get to "Blu-ray Software General Discussion" I wind up with the following error.
https://forums.highdefdigest.com/a-16/

Not Found

The requested URL /a-16/ was not found on this server.

This happens in multiple locations on multiple computers over the past week, I'm not sure how people are getting there
Old 01-15-2019, 09:26 PM
Mod, Staff, Movie Buff

What is your platform? Which "skin" are you using?

There were problems earlier in the week, but now, the proper link is parsing:
https://forums.highdefdigest.com/blu-ray-software-general-discussion-16/
Old 01-15-2019, 09:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krawk View Post
What is your platform? Which "skin" are you using?

There were problems earlier in the week, but now, the proper link is parsing:
https://forums.highdefdigest.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16
Windows 10 with Firefox 64.0.2, now that you mentioned it I just tried Edge and it worked, but knowing there was an issue earlier let me clear the cache..
Nope cache wasn't the issue, I'll check in the AM with Chrome and FFox in the office.
Old 01-16-2019, 11:07 AM

Works at the office.. even after clearing the cache at home I can't reach it.
Old 01-16-2019, 09:53 PM
Mod, Staff, Movie Buff

Yeah, I never went beyond 56 for Firefox. I was messing around with Waterfox but still don't really use that.
Hopefully tech is watching this thread. FWIW, a few days ago THIS forum was also giving a 404 Not Found error.
Old 01-27-2019, 09:11 AM

*shrug*
Clearing the cache and info on the FFox install I use at home has made no difference and now it won't save my login info cookie anymore either, ONLY for this site, Edge on the same PC doesn't have the issue with the sub-forum, but it also won't hold the stay logged in cookie, I give up at this point, it's clearly something unique about only this site/host.
Old 01-30-2019, 11:53 AM

So the missing forum issue is resolved on the one machine that was experiencing it, but I still can't get EITHER of my system to accept the logged on cookie so I have to log in every time I visit, this never happened until recently.
Old 02-01-2019, 01:32 PM
Mod, Staff, Movie Buff

I too just had to login. Has not happened any time recently so appears to be a new issue with me as well (or a one time issue.)
Old 02-13-2019, 05:46 PM

I'm still having to log in EVERY SINGLE TIME I come here, this is the only website I have this issue with.
Old 02-14-2019, 12:59 PM
Administrator

Hey, Dianne -- Sorry for the hassle. Not sure why this is affecting you and not everyone but here's a little context for you: all of our parent company's forum sites were forced to upgrade their VBulletin software last month, which caused a few bugs. Our tech team is working on installing a different version of the software that should stabilize the remaining bugs. Hopefully your login issue will be fixed concurently.

They hope to push out this fix next week (or the week after if there's a delay).

Anyway, TLR, we hope the next VBulletin installation will also fix your issue, but if it doesn't, we'll be able to look for that problem once that new VBulletin version is live.

Again, sorry for the hassle & thanks so much for reading!