Been using site for YEARS now it sucks - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 10-19-2018, 08:57 PM

Default Been using site for YEARS now it sucks

I am sure there are a lot of posts but I will add mine.

I have had this site set as my homepage for years and I means years back to the Blu-ray vs HD-DVD and before.

I enjoyed opening my browser every day, catching up on news both movie and gear and looking at what came out this week what I need to pre-order etc.

IT NOW SUCKS! It is a pain to get the info I had AT MY FINGERTIPS. Like today, I haven't had time to see what came out this week to know if I need to buy anything. I come to the site click on releases and guess what it only shows me what is coming in the future not what came out on Tuesday. Nothing about this week. So now I need to go hunt and find out what came out this week. THIS IS SO PAINFUL!

Please really consider going back. I know the format change was for mobile devices but the info is not laid out well at all and I can't find what used to be there. I have looked at the site on my phone in my chrome browser and I hate it their too, so your plan of making it better for mobile in my opinion has failed.

Love the site, now hate it. Please consider doing something, maybe do a review of Back to the Future and say it was all a bad dream and go back to how it was. I don't know, but do something. Hopefully I can find another site elsewhere that gives me what I need in an easy to consume format.

JoJetSki
Old 10-20-2018, 09:54 AM

I have to agree. The new site format is difficult to navigate.
Old 10-22-2018, 02:20 PM
Administrator

Hi guys, we're working with our tech team to fix any bugs, while also keeping the new functionality of the reviews section to remain as responsive pages.
Old 10-22-2018, 08:37 PM

Just to be clear this is not a bug it is the site re-design.[ATTACH=CONFIG]5583[/ATTACH]

In the picture attached I am looking at new releases this week. I know these aren't all of them so where do I click to see them. I have circled the "logical" places to click and none of them get me the rest of the new releases. What you need to do is scroll up, click on bluray or 4k and then click release dates. Why is this button not down in the place where you show releases? It's that kind of bad design among others that is tanking this site in my opinion. I assume you guys make money every time I click a link to buy a movie off amazon (which I do). Make it REALLY easy to see all the links and click all the links to buy the movie don't hide the links it's like your hiding your own revenue. Makes no sense. I want you to make money so that you provide me with the easy to get info I need to find what I want.[ATTACH=CONFIG]5584[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails
Been using site for YEARS now it sucks-highdef.jpg  

Last edited by jojetski; 10-22-2018 at 08:38 PM. Reason: missing image
Old 10-24-2018, 12:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jojetski View Post
IT NOW SUCKS! It is a pain to get the info I had AT MY FINGERTIPS. Like today, I haven't had time to see what came out this week to know if I need to buy anything. I come to the site click on releases and guess what it only shows me what is coming in the future not what came out on Tuesday. Nothing about this week. So now I need to go hunt and find out what came out this week. THIS IS SO PAINFUL!
I sympathize, but let me see if I can help. From the site's homepage, hover over Blu-ray in the top menu (or 4k Ultra HD) and click on Release Dates. You'll see cover art for the first 12 releases. Click on "Show All Releases" to see the rest. You should see all of the October 23rd titles. This will refresh on Friday to start with the following week's titles. (I see that you posted this on a Friday, which means that you just missed the prior week.)

I will also note that every single Monday I publish a Blu-ray Highlights post in the blog that goes over all of the new releases for the week. Just click on Bonus View and look to the Top Stories section on the left. Or, you can use this link for an index of those posts:

https://www.highdefdigest.com/blog/t...ay-highlights/

I've been doing that for over eight years.
My opinions are strictly my own, and do not necessarily reflect those of this site, its owners or employees.
Old 01-09-2019, 09:55 AM

well this site just took another nose dive into the pit of obscurity.

all release dates grouped by month? absolutely horrendous.
Old 01-09-2019, 07:26 PM
Mod, Staff, Movie Buff

Quote:
Originally Posted by steveinathens View Post
well this site just took another nose dive into the pit of obscurity.

all release dates grouped by month? absolutely horrendous.
Hopefully it is temporary as they update a module or two - as I agree, not user friendly.
You will notice cover art missing as well for a lot of releases.
So something that big most certainly is being worked on.