Saddened by new format of HDD website - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 07-28-2018, 09:37 AM

Unhappy Saddened by new format of HDD website

IMO, the new format of HighDefDigest.com is nearly unusable. This is a site that I go to more than any other, and now it's less efficient/more confusing, as well as less functional. I was always unhappy with the HDD "mobile" format on iPhone/iPad, but the first thing I did was always to switch to the desktop site, and then all was well. Now, you have a site that's at least as bad as that, but it's enforced on the desktop as well! :-( I want to be able to have a view with lots of information--not all thumbnails--without different categories of all information all jumbled together. Also importantly, I want to see historic release dates--I can't find any place in the new UI that I can do that--I can only see release dates in the present/future!

If you don't fix this, you're losing one very devoted and long-term reader who's been with you since the Blu-ray/HD DVD wars.

BTW, I tried sending this as feedback, but apparently that's not possible since "reCAPTCHA V1" is shutdown--I guess that's one way of preventing negative feedback...
[ATTACH=CONFIG]5577[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails
Saddened by new format of HDD website-screen-shot-2018-07-28-5.10.27-am.jpg  
Old 07-30-2018, 03:08 PM

I've got to agree with the few posts I saw bout the new design. It is almost unusable, extremely overdone and adds unneeded clicks and new pages to see old news/etc. The icon and cover art is too large on any of my devices, and while the 4k/blu ray together is a mixed bag - one of the flaws of the old mobile site was no 4k release link (I always switched to full site view). Currently, on mobile the ads and normal links are equal in space and too much scrolling.

HDD was a 4-5 times a day visit, and I always made sure to purchase through your links yet now its frustrating and bloated, while making simple things more difficult (links to see all old news via text were nice, quick, convenient). It honestly looks more amateurish - It feels way beyond a "if its not broke don't fix it" scenario.

Same issue with Catchpa shutdown - sorry to post on public forums and sounding very pessimistic when I understand it is likely to offend whoever put good time into design, but please keep the readers in mind (beta sites and feedback before application perhaps)
Old 07-30-2018, 06:20 PM
Administrator

I don't think there is a new format! Can you post screen shots??
Old 08-01-2018, 05:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IBobi View Post
I don't think there is a new format! Can you post screen shots??
I believe we are both talking about the main HDD website, not the forums.

That is also where the ability to provide feedback is inoperable due to the captcha being outdated as his screen shot showed.
Old 08-02-2018, 11:04 AM

I agree with the OP. The new format of the site is not nice at all. Don't like all the giant thumbnails in place of links to articles with just a few pictures. Wish there was an option to display the prior or "classic" format.
Old 08-02-2018, 03:29 PM
Administrator

Hi guys, while I know they are still working out the specifics of the Content side, I will definitely inform our tech team and make sure your issues are heard!
Old 08-04-2018, 03:47 AM

Just providing an additional vote against the new HDD Reviews pages new format.
Looking at the 4kUHD Review page,for example, at the time of writing the first thumbnail under "Most Recent" is for a review of "A Quiet Place" which was conducted on 2nd July.
Page 2's thumbnails are the same as page 1. ???
The review for "Ready Player One " was conducted on the 12th July, but I can't find it at all ( well not under "Most Recent" in the first 25 pages).
This is the most trusted review website for BluRay and 4k UHD discs that I have ever used, however, if the admins can't return the formatting to it's former glory, then I too will have to reluctantly move on.
Old 08-06-2018, 10:58 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by IMDave View Post
Just providing an additional vote against the new HDD Reviews pages new format.
Looking at the 4kUHD Review page,for example, at the time of writing the first thumbnail under "Most Recent" is for a review of "A Quiet Place" which was conducted on 2nd July.
Page 2's thumbnails are the same as page 1. ???
The review for "Ready Player One " was conducted on the 12th July, but I can't find it at all ( well not under "Most Recent" in the first 25 pages).
This is the most trusted review website for BluRay and 4k UHD discs that I have ever used, however, if the admins can't return the formatting to it's former glory, then I too will have to reluctantly move on.
Hi Dave, the admins aren't really involved with designing the site too much. I know tech upgraded the site to be responsive (meaning it scales, depending on your device) and we are working with them to fix issues. I'll give them a head's up about pages 1 & 2 being the same! Page 3 and onward looks OK.
Old 09-07-2018, 12:40 PM

who IS involved in designing the site? They need to know that things are a complete mess at this point.

Been coming here for a long long time, never seen it as bad as it is right now.
Old 09-10-2018, 10:12 AM

Default Still broken

The bug with pages 1 and 2 of UHD reviews being the same is STILL there after a month! Here's what I just posted on the feedback page:

-------------

I'm using Firefox on Windows, and I've been using this page to stay updated with the latest UHD reviews:

ultrahd.highdefdigest.com/reviews.html

However, lately this page is showing me older reviews. It looks like what's happening is that it's showing me the same content as if I was on page 2. If I navigate to page 2:

ultrahd.highdefdigest.com/reviews.html?page=2

I see the same reviews as "page 1". I believe page 1 should be showing me reviews for the Jack Ryan movies, but it's not - the latest I see is "Higher Power".

Thanks!