The New look for upcoming releases. Good AND bad - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 07-20-2018, 11:55 PM
Mod, Staff, Movie Buff

Default The New look for upcoming releases. Good AND bad

When looking at the "release dates" tab, for the most part, I really like what I am seeing. The additional color is a huge improvement over the mostly white look.

But alas, at the same time, I have an issue to report.

When I select Release Dates --> Blu-ray, I am greeted with 4 rows of movies, 3 titles in each row. The first 3 rows say July 24th under them, the 4th row does not. I click "show all releases" and see a listing of all upcoming releases, sorted by date, with of course the original 4 rows still present.

Here's where the problem begins (other than the 4th row not having dates as well.) When I click on an individual movie, a product page for said movie loads. A red background, the movie cover art itself and purchase link are in a blue box area. There's a white box to the right advising me there has not been a review of this movie, and below that, there is gray text on a red background with the synopsis. In the white area below there are technical specs. Now the problem area - the far right, there is a grey colored box. It has nothing in it. ONCE I was able to see a street date in the grey box area. Have not been able to recreate that again, it's absent.

Also, one more issue. Back to the original 4 rows of movies, to the right, it says "Pre-Orders" and says "Tomorrow's latest releases" -- when I click on a specific title, no matter which title, I am directed to https://bluray.highdefdigest.com/amazonpreorders.html - is this designed that way?

Technical specs for me: Windows 10, Firefox 56.0.2 64-bit version
Old 07-23-2018, 03:43 PM
Administrator

Hey Krawk. The last one is I think as designed, but I can definitely have tech look at what info should be in that grey box. Maybe Palmer will be able to chime in.
Old 07-23-2018, 04:03 PM
Administrator

Hey, Krawk -

Thanks for testing this out. I'm adding the missing dates to our IT teams to do list and I'll ask about the Pre-Order link, but, FYI< that grey box area is ad space, which should become active shortly. Cheers.
Old 07-23-2018, 06:02 PM
Mod, Staff, Movie Buff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palmer View Post
Hey, Krawk -

Thanks for testing this out. I'm adding the missing dates to our IT teams to do list and I'll ask about the Pre-Order link, but, FYI< that grey box area is ad space, which should become active shortly. Cheers.
I saw a "release date" I thought in the grey space once, but now it seems absent. The new release's page should contain that info, no?

"Not Yet Released" does not help us.

If I click on a release that is several weeks out, it doesn't even say that. Or not?

Let's look at August 7th...

https://bluray.highdefdigest.com/598...seasontwo.html

https://bluray.highdefdigest.com/606...lefeature.html

https://bluray.highdefdigest.com/60024/killer-bees.html

None of those have a release date on the page but two of them say "Not Yet Released" --- what's the difference? Is the telemetry different because of an Amazon link?
Old 07-24-2018, 01:57 PM
Mod, Staff, Movie Buff

Also, if there's a way to restore the name of the studio releasing the title, that would be great as well.
Old 07-26-2018, 11:25 PM
Mod, Staff, Movie Buff

All the Sticky Threads seem to be missing, including my three Zavvi SteelBook threads.

The Forum itself shows Sticky Threads on the top of the screen now instead of in line with the message threads, and the only sticky posts visible are Forum Rules.
Old 07-28-2018, 09:53 AM

Sorry to say this, but the new upcoming release page is awful. it was really great before because I could quickly see all the releases without a bunch of extra clicking or scrolling but now i have to click "Show all releases" and then you constantly have to scroll back and forth to the top because the featured releases are not listed under the actual release date. If you are going to feature some releases, at the very least, they still should be listed under their release date.

I dont need to see giant icons for the featured releases. wasted screen space. the smaller icons were better.

if i actually end up clicking on a title to see more details, and then i return to the upcoming release page, then i have to re-click "show all releases". that's a poor user experience.

just some constructive criticisms. love the website, love the upcoming releases page, been using it every day of my life for years. not trying to offend.
Old 07-29-2018, 03:51 PM

Long time user of the HDD site, first time poster... While I can live with the new format for upcoming releases, I can no longer find Historic releases, other than by titles that have been reviewed. What happens with a title that hasn't been reviewed?

If I'm wrong and there is a method to show all titles previously released by date etc. then please tell me how. Otherwise, very disappointed in the new 'look'
Old 07-30-2018, 11:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by steveinathens View Post
Sorry to say this, but the new upcoming release page is awful. it was really great before because I could quickly see all the releases without a bunch of extra clicking or scrolling but now i have to click "Show all releases" and then you constantly have to scroll back and forth to the top because the featured releases are not listed under the actual release date. If you are going to feature some releases, at the very least, they still should be listed under their release date.

I dont need to see giant icons for the featured releases. wasted screen space. the smaller icons were better.

if i actually end up clicking on a title to see more details, and then i return to the upcoming release page, then i have to re-click "show all releases". that's a poor user experience.
Be aware also that the Release Dates page is not displaying all upcoming releases. Some that are more than one week ahead of the current date do not show up even though they've been entered into the system behind the scenes. They only show up as Featured giant icons on the Friday before release.
My opinions are strictly my own, and do not necessarily reflect those of this site, its owners or employees.
Old 07-30-2018, 03:35 PM
Mod, Staff, Movie Buff

Progress will always inevitably come with challenges. Keeping up with the Jones' is a daily struggle and sites have to evolve to keep up. As far as the new color scheme - I do like it.

I hope there will be a way to add to the template for a given movie the Studio Name and the actual Release Date. Those 2 pieces of info are very important IMO.

I'm sure they are looking into the issues so patience is certainly called for.

But by all means, keep the feedback coming.