Review Page suggestion: - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 03-02-2016, 06:27 PM
Mod, Staff, Movie Buff

Default Review Page suggestion:

Suggestion to improve bd reviews page layout.
When I go to reviews and select display via alphabetical A-Z, it shows all the reviews with numbers on the first view but I have to scroll all the way to the bottom to select where I want to go in the alphabet. Can we move this selector to the top of the page instead, saving the scroll down? I usually click the mouse on the screen and press "End" on my keyboard to scroll but it's still an extra step.

Also, would this be a good time to suggest we NOT use the word "The" when alphabetizing a movie title in the reviews going forward? We still got a few years left in the BD format and the "T" screen is HUGE. The beginning of a new format, UHD is a perfect time to start doing this, right? A few other words such as "A" or "An" etc could be included. Does this have to start with the item's product page? (Where Tom, Steve or Matt post info about upcoming releases)

Comments?
Old 03-03-2016, 01:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krawk View Post
Also, would this be a good time to suggest we NOT use the word "The" when alphabetizing a movie title in the reviews going forward? We still got a few years left in the BD format and the "T" screen is HUGE. The beginning of a new format, UHD is a perfect time to start doing this, right? A few other words such as "A" or "An" etc could be included. Does this have to start with the item's product page? (Where Tom, Steve or Matt post info about upcoming releases)
This is something the reviewers have complained about for a while. It does not seem like a good idea to drop these articles from the movie titles in the review headlines, because then you'd wind up with a lot of awkwardness where a movie like 'An Education' gets renamed 'Education', which isn't the same thing at all. The articles are part of the titles.

However, the software desperately needs to be updated to alphabetize them correctly.
My opinions are strictly my own, and do not necessarily reflect those of this site, its owners or employees.
Old 03-04-2016, 06:35 PM
Mod, Staff, Movie Buff

A movie like "An Education" could keep it in tact, but say a movie like "The Blues Brothers" not be put in by our staff here as "Blues Brothers, The" ??
Keep the human element in it, that's fine, just all be on the same page on when/if to drop "a," "an," "the" etc etc.
Old 03-07-2016, 11:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krawk View Post
A movie like "An Education" could keep it in tact,
Then the title would be alphabetized under A, when it should be under E.

Quote:
but say a movie like "The Blues Brothers" not be put in by our staff here as "Blues Brothers, The" ??
Keep the human element in it, that's fine, just all be on the same page on when/if to drop "a," "an," "the" etc etc.
Doing that looks much messier than this alphabetization issue, and it would create a massive inconsistency with thousands of old reviews.

This alphabetization problem was introduced in a site software update a few years ago. Prior software alphabetized titles correctly. So this is something that can be fixed with programming. Unfortunately, IB has not prioritized it for a fix.
My opinions are strictly my own, and do not necessarily reflect those of this site, its owners or employees.
Old 04-12-2016, 04:23 PM

I would love a review system where we could see all reviews based on the studio
Criterion
Kino
Shout
Twilight
Lionsgate
etc.

I'm sure it be a bitch to put together.
Old 04-12-2016, 11:47 PM
Mod, Staff, Movie Buff

^^^ not really, just another searchable field in the Database.