Should deliberately lying be moderation-worthy? - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 08-04-2007, 04:51 PM
Banned

Default Should deliberately lying be moderation-worthy?

I think it should be. I mean 99% of the time the lies are nothing but flame bait. Fanboys throw out things and statements, posing them as fact, then have no backup for them, and most other people can prove them to be 100% false. I think these should be moderation/reportable worthy. What do you guys think?
Old 08-04-2007, 04:55 PM

How do you prove someone on a message board is deliberately lying?
Old 08-04-2007, 04:56 PM

I was told by mods that saying someone is lying, even when I know they're doing it on purpose, is against board rules.
Old 08-04-2007, 04:57 PM
Banned

Thats annoying. I personally think liars should be perma-banned immediately
Old 08-04-2007, 05:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zombieflanders View Post
I was told by mods that saying someone is lying, even when I know they're doing it on purpose, is against board rules.
This is one of the few areas where I have found we disagree. Deliberate lying is difficult to prove and a strong accusation. A lot of times posters are just honestly mistaken or read something wrong or are basing their opinion as fact on their personal perspective. I agree with the mods here unless a poster does the same type of thing over and over and there is no basis whatsoever in fact in claim after claim. IMO, just prove them wrong.
Old 08-04-2007, 05:06 PM

Well the new rule no making theads so slanted just on your opinion is good

wheres VC-1?
Old 08-04-2007, 05:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xyz123 View Post
I agree with the mods here unless a poster does the same type of thing over and over and there is no basis whatsoever in fact in claim after claim.
This was the situation when I got the warning. It was someone who had been proven wrong dozens of times but did (and still does) make the same claims.
Old 08-04-2007, 05:45 PM

these summer weekends really cause people to struggle with new threads, don't they?

new thread: "Should smackdown be closed on the weekends?"
Old 08-04-2007, 05:46 PM

The people who are "lying" are so delusional they do not know they are lying.

I actually look at the Smackdown Forum as an insane asylum. Just a mechanism to separate out the crazy people.
Old 08-04-2007, 06:18 PM

Well, I'll take time from counting all the gold bars in my mansion with my buxom harem to comment on this important issue (really!).

We are all grown ups, right? There are a few select people on here who are extremely childish in their reaction to such 'lies' and fall hook, line and sinker for it. They have themselves to blame if they get all upset over it. Do what I tell my kids to do when they don't get along: ignore the other one...don't give in to the taunts etc. They will stop if no one pays attention to them. Then THEY are the ones that look stupid...not you.

The mods let certain stuff go and they crack down on others. Deal with it in your own way, but whining about it won't help.