Lossless codecs on BD-P1000? - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 08-02-2007, 01:20 PM

Default Lossless codecs on BD-P1000?

I notice you at High-Def Digest do your Blu-ray disc reviews on a Samsung BD-P1000 player, which I believe is unable to decode Dolby TrueHD ... am I right? Wouldn't it make more sense for you to use a player that decodes all the lossless (and lossy, for that matter) next-gen codecs?
Old 08-02-2007, 05:28 PM
PeterB

Hey there --

Thanks for the question.

Actually, I primarily use the PlayStation 3. I find it to be a great all-around Blu-ray player. I also have the Samsung, just as backup and for the ocassional comparison.

I may end up adding a third Blu-ray stand-alone player, depending on when one hits the market that can actually decode and output a DTS-MA bitstream. Otherwise, I find the PS3 to be the best Blu-ray player on the market at the moment.