3D Movies subforum - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 09-12-2014, 06:17 PM
Mod, Staff, Movie Buff

Default 3D Movies subforum

Just a thought, but perhaps we should have a 3D Blu Ray sub-forum instead under Blu Ray Software and then drop "and Movies" from the "3D Gear and Movies" forum. Or make a 3D Movies sub forum and drop the other forum completely. Actually almost everything in the existing forum is related to software anyway, so even moving it as a Sub Forum and dropping "Gear" from it.

Also - planning ahead. Create a "4K Software" forum as well under Blu Ray Software forum?

Your thoughts?
Old 09-13-2014, 04:20 PM

Well, we all know the 3D forum has been highly neglected by HDD staff that apparently feel (and correct me if I am wrong) that 3D news is no news (or not profitable) and have put 3D blu-ray reviews in the normal blu-ray forum. With that said, we do discuss 3D things that aren't always specifically on (or coming to) blu-ray 3D. Obviously, taking out the 'gear' and changing 'movies' to '3D Blu-rays' isn't going to stop people from talking about other 3D things, like 3D Gear, 3D films still in theaters, wish list, and rumors.

With that being said, I have no objections to moving it to a sub-forum, but I would ask that you keep the existing content (threads) of the forum, if at all technically possible. I consider the 3D forum my 'home' forum and the blu-ray forum as just a place I visit every once in awhile.
Old 09-14-2014, 02:41 AM

I second and agree the same as Malakai.
Old 09-19-2014, 10:52 PM

I wonder if anyone ever reads this feedback thread, because I just happened to stumble across it before making my initial reply, likely because '3D' caught my eye. I know the 3D thread gets neglected a lot, but there is more traffic than just Taygan and I there.
Old 09-21-2014, 06:35 PM
Mod, Staff, Movie Buff

I sort of posted this suggestion because 90 percent of the 3D gear forum is in regards to 3D movies/Blu Rays so it made sense to make it a subforum. If anything I think it would get more traffic being a subforum rather than some obscure forum in another section.
Old 10-03-2014, 02:44 AM

I prefer the 3-D Forum right where it is. Don't move it. I'm telling everybody I know in the 3-D community about the place.
Old 10-08-2014, 01:12 AM

I never got into the habit of posting 3D Blu-ray reviews in the 3D section, because it seemed no one ever commented on them.
Old 10-08-2014, 10:22 PM
Mod, Staff, Movie Buff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Attebery View Post
I never got into the habit of posting 3D Blu-ray reviews in the 3D section, because it seemed no one ever commented on them.
Am thinking that 3D Blu Rays should just be merged with Blu Ray Software in general and the 3D forum be a gear, gadgets and film forum or something.

But yes, I notice we now do combined review threads whenever possible.