Can we update "Game Consoles Smackdown" to just "Gaming Smackdown"? - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 08-29-2013, 12:44 PM

Default Can we update "Game Consoles Smackdown" to just "Gaming Smackdown"?

James just said what several others have said recently, but better:

Quote:
Originally Posted by james View Post
There really needs to be an update to the Game Consoles Smackdown forum title. Gaming Smackdown would probably be more appropriate. Also, the sub-title says "PS3, Xbox 360 or Wii? Weigh in here", which is definitely outdated.
LINK

While this isn't a problem specific to the post James just made, there has been some complaints that topics & points made in that forum are not relevant because the title of the Forum says "Consoles", even when consoles are the discussion. If it would only take an Admin a couple of minutes to update the forum's title, it would save those of us who spend our days there some grief from the trolls members who want to keep the focus of discussion more narrow.
Old 08-29-2013, 03:00 PM

It does seem time for the generational change.
Old 08-29-2013, 04:47 PM
Watcher of stances

I agree, the scope of discussion necessitates a change to the subforum title and description. If no strong objections occur or if enough people support the change, i'll make it so.

Likely:

subforum name: Gaming Smackdown
description: Have a favorite platform or console? Weigh in here.
Old 08-29-2013, 07:45 PM

I think that's appropriate. Maybe should allow others with a different point of view a day or so to weigh in. I'm sure there are some people who would like to argue against broadening the scope past consoles. That, and price, have been the only line of defense when it comes to ignoring the PC etc.

It's all interrelated at this point, and they'll all be compared and discussed anyway. May as well just acknowledge it -- afterall, for the sake of HD relevancy, PC's are pretty much always gaming in HD even if the Consoles are not - and many of the current gaming PC's have BD drives.
Old 08-30-2013, 01:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by michealo View Post
I agree, the scope of discussion necessitates a change to the subforum title and description. If no strong objections occur or if enough people support the change, i'll make it so.

Likely:

subforum name: Gaming Smackdown
description: Have a favorite platform or console? Weigh in here.
Sounds great.

Last edited by james; 08-30-2013 at 01:29 PM.
Old 09-06-2013, 01:27 PM
Watcher of stances

the new name and description are now in effect