Adventures of Robin Hood HD DVD review? - High-Def Digest Forums
Closed Thread

Old 12-26-2006, 07:23 PM

Default Adventures of Robin Hood HD DVD review?

Where is it? This movie is *amazing* in High Definition. I simply am stunned at how good a movie over 70 years old looks in HD-DVD! After watching it I went to IMDB to find out more about Eroll Flynn, etc. and was shocked to find out the actor died almost 50 years ago! Everyone looks fleshed out, real... this movie is a testament to High Definition.
Old 12-27-2006, 11:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HovhannesB View Post
Where is it? This movie is *amazing* in High Definition. I simply am stunned at how good a movie over 70 years old looks in HD-DVD! After watching it I went to IMDB to find out more about Eroll Flynn, etc. and was shocked to find out the actor died almost 50 years ago! Everyone looks fleshed out, real... this movie is a testament to High Definition.
I am with you on this one. Great HD transfer in my opinion. What about that cartoon in HD! Wow.
Old 12-27-2006, 03:32 PM
HDD Founder

I believe this is on Peter's list for sometime in the next couple of weeks -- with so few releases scheded for early January, he'll finally have a chance to play catch up after the last couple months of nonstop releases...

Sorry for the delay,
Jed
Old 12-27-2006, 09:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jed View Post
I believe this is on Peter's list for sometime in the next couple of weeks -- with so few releases scheded for early January, he'll finally have a chance to play catch up after the last couple months of nonstop releases...

Sorry for the delay,
Jed
Hey, if you need a hand, I'd be willing to *try* to write a temporary review :P Kidding, I'm a huge movie nut (DVD collection is 1000+ disks) but I'm not savvy on the technobabble
Old 12-29-2006, 06:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jed View Post

Sorry for the delay,
Jed
plenty of Blu-ray reviews for January
Old 01-23-2007, 07:16 PM

The review on the the digital bits said it was awesome. Pretty much sold me on that review alone.
Old 01-23-2007, 07:59 PM

The movie is a great transfer for such an old film
Old 02-14-2007, 08:41 PM

Default warner and blu-ray support

What sucks for me, a blu-ray adopter, is that warner is pretty much releasing most of their films on both formats, and yet for some reason, they totally skipped the Blu-ray for this one. This is one of my all-time favorite films. I would love to see more Errol Flynn films in addition to getting them on blu-ray. i own the dvd set of flynn flicks and i could only dream of a high def technicolor...even though those with HD DVD already have that, haha

gripe...gripe...gripe...

anyone else think warner should issue a blu-ray copy to make up for it?
Old 02-15-2007, 08:33 AM

oh and also, what's the hold up on the HD-DVD review. Jed posted that Peter would review it in the next couple of weeks, and that was back in december, almost 2 months ago... i'd be interested in getting that review, even though i've read reviews of it on other sites, i ultimately favor this site.
Old 02-15-2007, 07:26 PM
HDD Founder

This review is coming so soon I can almost taste it -- as if it were a Granatus™ Sugar Cookie.

Thanks for your patience.
Jed
Closed Thread