To the Mods - High-Def Digest Forums
Closed Thread

Old 09-10-2011, 02:47 PM

Default To the Mods

This is not a complaint, and I'm not sure if this is an okay place to say this (not sure where else I could), but I did want to say to the "admin" that gave me an infraction, that when I said, "Holy shit - I think I just FOUND my virginity reading this [Star Wars] thread" I really didn't mean to insult anyone, I was just trying to be hilarious. I thought of the line, I laughed to myself and wanted to share that laughter with others.
Old 09-10-2011, 04:28 PM
Former Member

admin is a default so as to prevent the sometimes insane pm's a mod would get after doing their job, since their name was attached. you know, hitler pictures, raving threats, so on.

the best route to take this sort of thing is to PM, copying a few mods on it, to comment if you feel you were misinterpreted or something to that sort. it looks better and is more in line with forum regulation.
Old 09-10-2011, 05:50 PM
Formerly Lordoftherings

Yeah, me too I just received a friendly warning. And it is totally futile to try explaining the reality!
{The Admin's PM box was full and couldn't receive my very peaceful and intelligent explanation.}

I don't blame the Admin and I don't blame the total misunderstanding (misinterpretation) from the poster (member) either. ...Or the mods, as they're just doing their job based on what they believe (rules).

Nobody's perfect, and the Internet could sometimes be a big misunderstanding.
This is the cyber space and it is very easy to misinterpret words without seeing the eyes and feeling the true emotions of real people.
By judging others you simply judge your ownself. And without Love this world is in chaos!

Thank you for listening.
Old 09-10-2011, 07:25 PM

I'm still trying to figure out why that comment would draw an infraction.
why would it draw even a warning?
I'm assuming it had to be something else because there is nothing about that statement that would warrant an infraction imo.
I read comments like that every day on the forums.
totally confused.
Old 09-10-2011, 09:22 PM
Former Member

that is why it should go to PM's, ark. it could be a quote of someone else getting all super-fan and then that comment, which would be an insult, intentional or not.
Old 09-10-2011, 09:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by solott View Post
This is not a complaint, and I'm not sure if this is an okay place to say this (not sure where else I could), but I did want to say to the "admin" that gave me an infraction, that when I said, "Holy shit - I think I just FOUND my virginity reading this [Star Wars] thread" I really didn't mean to insult anyone, I was just trying to be hilarious. I thought of the line, I laughed to myself and wanted to share that laughter with others.
Yes, virgins can be sensitive people. It's the whole not having sex ever thing.
Old 09-10-2011, 10:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by project-blu View Post
that is why it should go to PM's, ark. it could be a quote of someone else getting all super-fan and then that comment, which would be an insult, intentional or not.
And that would be mean-spirited - I didn't quote anyone and i referred only to the "thread" in general - anyway, like I said, I wasn't posting this as a complaint, just trying to clarify a misunderstanding. I can see how what I said could be interpreted as mean, but I really did just post it because it struck me funny when I thought it.
Old 09-11-2011, 11:47 AM

Let's be honest - that thread deserved a comment like that =P. I was thinking the exact same thing when I stopped through there the other day
Old 09-11-2011, 12:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badger3920 View Post
Let's be honest - that thread deserved a comment like that =P. I was thinking the exact same thing when I stopped through there the other day
Yeah but you hate Star Wars. Totally uncool.

Part of The Finer Things Club, The Ghostbusters Club, The American Psycho Club, The SDF on 360 Club
Old 09-11-2011, 02:13 PM

Lies !
Closed Thread