Review Neutrality Suggestion - High-Def Digest Forums
Closed Thread

Old 07-11-2007, 10:12 PM

Exclamation Review Neutrality Suggestion

I hope this is taken into consideration. I don't know if anyone has suggested this already, sorry if it has.

I am sick and tired of seeing posters rant and rave about the reviews on this site just because they don't agree with them. If you agree with the reviewer, great! If you don't, then please keep it to yourself. It is hypocritical to support this website and at the same time complain about one of the mere sustaining features of this site...the reviews.

I propose: that along with every review is a poll open to registered users where we all get to put our own five-star rating on the movie, picture quality, etc.. Then link the up-to-date results side by side with the reviewers so that any site visitors can see what the reviewer thinks versus the sites population. Unfortunately, this discredits the reviewer's opinion in an indirect way, but it will offer some neutrality between the users of this site and the reviewers.

It is a shame that many supporters of this site see the reviews as a disservice rather than a service.
Old 07-11-2007, 11:56 PM
Special Member

Personally, I kind of like the way it is set up here, since with the open discussion format people can openly discuss how they feel about the movie. The star rating is really taken too seriously, and people if they want to see the movie will see it regardless of what other people say since sometimes you will find that you disagree with the reviewer which is fine. If everyone agreed then the world would be kind of boring. The disagreements is what makes things interesting as it allows you to get the views from both sides of the field . This is JMHO but I like things the way they are......
Old 07-12-2007, 01:20 AM
HDD Founder

I agree with both of you --

a) I agree it would be great to have a user rating system, and it's on the list (granted, it's a long list... so don't hold your breath)

and

b) I agree that there's nothing wrong hypocritical about members disagreeing with Peter or Kenneth's reviews. Your honest opinions are what make this forum a dynamic and exciting place for all of us.
Closed Thread