Scripting issue with Bonus View pages in IE9 Compatibility Mode - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 05-22-2011, 07:39 AM

Default Scripting issue with Bonus View pages in IE9 Compatibility Mode

I use IE9 with Compatibility Mode turned on to visit HDD. Within the last week or so, whenever I go to any of the Bonus View pages on the site, the page is locked up by a script and will only partially load; nothing can be clicked, and only some images appear. I have to click the scroll bar a few times until IE pops up a box that allows me to stop the script; once it stops, the page loads normally.

When I turn Compatibility Mode off, there's no script issues, but all the post titles on Bonus View pages disappear, so that's unacceptable. Pages on the main HDD site load just fine with or without Compatibility Mode. Both regular and Bonus View pages load properly in Firefox 4.0.1, Opera 11.11, Safari 5.0.4 (haven't installed 5.0.5 yet), and Chrome 11.0.696.65 (update server down when I tested).

The Bonus View section of the site needs to be reviewed to either (a) eliminate the script issues with IE9 in Compatibility Mode or (b) display the pages properly in IE9 without Compatibility Mode.
Old 05-23-2011, 01:46 PM

I get this as well with IE7 at my office. I'll pass the word along. Thanks.
My opinions are strictly my own, and do not necessarily reflect those of this site, its owners or employees.
Old 05-23-2011, 06:32 PM
Administrator

Please post a link or two to the pages you're having trouble loading.

There are issues with IE9 so we may or may not be able to remedy this from our end; but I'll look into it if you link me.

Paul
Old 05-24-2011, 01:31 PM

Here's the main link for the blog:

http://www.highdefdigest.com/blog/

On both that and all of the pages linked from it, I get the following error in IE7:

Quote:
Stop running this script?

A script on this page is causing Internet Explorer to run slowly. If it continues to run, your computer may become unresponsive.

Yes / No
My opinions are strictly my own, and do not necessarily reflect those of this site, its owners or employees.
Old 05-25-2011, 02:24 PM
Administrator

I'm running IE 8.0.76 and it loads great. Tried the Tintin link and that loads great too. Tried it in FF4 and no problems. Maybe time to upgrade your browser?
Old 05-25-2011, 04:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IBobi View Post
I'm running IE 8.0.76 and it loads great. Tried the Tintin link and that loads great too. Tried it in FF4 and no problems. Maybe time to upgrade your browser?
I would if I had that option. But this is my office computer, and I don't have privileges to upgrade the software.

This is a recent issue. Prior to about a week ago, I never got this error message before. Has something changed with the page scripting?
Old 05-26-2011, 01:49 PM
Administrator

Nothing I'm aware of. Keep me posted.