Question about "bottom line" rankings - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 03-06-2011, 12:52 PM

Default Question about "bottom line" rankings

I leafed through the page on "Our Review Methodology" to see if there was any mention about your bottom line rankings, looked in the forums, and on the net. :doh2: I want to know how many levels there are in the bottom line rankings.

So far I've seen For Fans Only, Recommended, Highly Recommended, and Must Own. If you don't mind can you share with me how many there are?

I apologize if this is in the wrong forum section :redface:
Old 03-09-2011, 08:17 PM

If I remember correctly theres also "One to Avoid". Could be a bit off on the phrasing but I'm pretty sure I remember seeing an avoid ranking as well.
Old 03-14-2011, 04:37 PM

FYI, the best place to ask questions like this is the Feedback forum. I will see if a mod can move the thread there.

As for your question, that field in the review template is at the reviewer's discretion. It does not prefill with any "levels." The reviewer can write anything he wants that sums up the disc in a couple of words. There are certain common phrases that we all tend to use (like "Recommended," "Highly Recommended," or "Must Own"), but there's nothing that requires us to use those if we have something that fits the review better instead.
My opinions are strictly my own, and do not necessarily reflect those of this site, its owners or employees.
Old 03-14-2011, 08:33 PM
Former Member

And, to add to Josh's post, there is no direct correlation between final score and bottom line, as you can have a disc score a 3.5 and be Recommended, Worth a Look, A Rental at Best, Good Disc Bad Flick, or For Fans Only. the score does NOT mean it's X recommendation, period. a 5.0 obviously better be a Must Own, though.

It's just our discretion, what we think of the package, and it's not a drop down, it's just a very tight, limited number of characters that we can use.
Old 03-18-2011, 07:00 PM

Thank you for your replies!