HD DVD + Amazon - High-Def Digest Forums
Closed Thread

Old 12-20-2006, 12:23 PM

Default HD DVD + Amazon

I have been reading this forum for about 2 months now and notice at the top of this page it is always Amazon advertising HD DVD's. Why are there never any ads for ANY other company there? Does this site support HD DVD more than other forms of HD discs?
Old 12-20-2006, 01:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by scumbag78 View Post
I have been reading this forum for about 2 months now and notice at the top of this page it is always Amazon advertising HD DVD's. Why are there never any ads for ANY other company there? Does this site support HD DVD more than other forms of HD discs?
Hmm why don't i beleive you? 2 months huh? The amazon add flips back btwn blu ray and hd dvd on almost every new page you hit. And what "other forms" of hd disks are there? As far as i know there is only one.. blu ray.
Old 12-20-2006, 01:13 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by scumbag78 View Post
Well Scumbag, it's because the HD-DVD is selling more....why waste advertising on a losing format?
Old 12-20-2006, 01:18 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by messin18 View Post
Hmm why don't i beleive you? 2 months huh? The amazon add flips back btwn blu ray and hd dvd on almost every new page you hit. And what "other forms" of hd disks are there? As far as i know there is only one.. blu ray.
Odd because I just clicked on 10 different threads in here and it's always the HD DVD ad on top.
Old 12-20-2006, 02:11 PM
Banned

Quote:
Odd because I just clicked on 10 different threads in here and it's always the HD DVD ad on top.
Odd because I just visited 10 different Best Buys here and it's always the Blu Ray being pushed!!!
Old 12-20-2006, 02:13 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldog View Post
Odd because I just visited 10 different Best Buys here and it's always the Blu Ray being pushed!!!
Ha ha, irrelevant but I don't doubt you.
Best Buy knows which one has more studio support and manufacturing support. They recognize that these are incredibly important features of the format.
Old 12-20-2006, 02:23 PM
Banned

Quote:
Ha ha, irrelevant but I don't doubt you.
Best Buy knows which one has more studio support and manufacturing support. They recognize that these are incredibly important features of the format.
Just think about all the $$ being pushed at Best buy, all the companies behind it, all the BR studios, man they must love it! If they managed to price match against all HD DVD players, this would be over before a single BR unit shipped!
Old 12-20-2006, 02:26 PM

Amazon gets to pick what it puts in their ads.

I don't know which shows up more but if its more HD DVD then it's because Amazon wants to advertise their HD DVD products more.
Old 12-20-2006, 02:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tranzparentl View Post
Amazon gets to pick what it puts in their ads.

I don't know which shows up more but if its more HD DVD then it's because Amazon wants to advertise their HD DVD products more.

It it is most likely using a targetted marketing approach, whatever algorithm they are using indicates that there are more visitors interested in HD DVD coming to this page and targets them accordingly. If you go to the Blu-ray sections, it is targeting the Blu-ray fans.

I think it was more variable before on this page (I remember seeing the Blu-ray adds more often before), but I guess there has been a critical mass of HD DVD fans come to the format neutral areas so that is targeting them now.
Old 12-20-2006, 02:40 PM
HDD Founder

So here's what's happening with the Amazon ads: our ad server is set to serve both HD DVD and Blu-ray Amazon ads an equal number of times in this forums area. Occasionally there seem to be hiccups where it will serve only one of type of ad for a certain period of time, but it all evens out in the end. I just gave it a nudge, and it seems to be back to serving 50/50.
Closed Thread