For Recommendations - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 09-14-2010, 02:34 PM

Lightbulb For Recommendations

I love this site now that i've found it, i use it more often to see if i'm getting robbed on a bluray or if its a good deal (quality wise)

The one thing i was wondering is when you review the blurays, do you also watch the dvd versions? This way to relate if they are similar or if the difference is noticeable? I ask this because i noticed on some newer bluray releases you've given them 2 or 3 stars out of 5 and so on. Sometimes stating that it isn't worth buying/ adding to the collection. So i was wonder if this could be a further input selection?

As in if it wasn't good/ great on Bluray to buy, is the dvd any different quality wise or is the bluray still better than the dvd release.

Sorry if i'm not making sense on this post, i've been up for almost 17 hours now and i worked earlier
Old 09-14-2010, 04:04 PM

It would be GREAT if HighDefDigest did comparison reviews! There is a site that does comparisons where you can see the image from various versions of films and I find it to be a great resource that helps me decide if I should buy the Blu-ray or not.

http://www.dvdbeaver.com/film/compare.htm

I would love to see HDD start doing this...
Old 09-14-2010, 09:34 PM

Thank you for this site;

It would really help especially with the price difference between Blurays and Dvds.