Seeking reader assistance: Ice Age 3, Coraline 3D discs - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 08-05-2010, 02:56 AM
Former Member

Default Seeking reader assistance: Ice Age 3, Coraline 3D discs

Howdy readers. As most of you know, based off the Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs and Monsters vs Aliens reviews, HDD has a 3D based content reviewer on staff.

The only problem is, the way discs are currently being released, many only come with purchasing a player, television, or special package deal. Since studios aren't sending out these titles, it would be quite cost-prohibitive for Steve, or any staff member, to have to pay the outrageous premium these player-exclusive (timed, no doubt) discs are fetching on ebay or other markets.

If a reader of this site has these two discs, and could handle being without them for maybe 2 weeks, mister Steve could get reviews for these titles in, and you'd be doing this site a huge, huge favor. Of course, if there is some way around even having to do that, such as a place that rents discs that has these two particular titles (doubtful as that is!!!!), we'd love to hear about it.

Please contact me, via PM or email (n8boss87 at hotmail.com), and I can pass along the info to mister Steve. Thanks in advance for any considerations any reader may give in helping this site get the word out on this new format (sub-format) and its products.

-Nate Boss
Old 08-05-2010, 09:58 AM

Thanks to anyone out there who can help us out with this. Until the movie studios stop with these ridiculous exclusives were going to need to find creative solutions like this one.
Old 08-06-2010, 03:26 PM

Just an alternative suggestion... you could buy the title on Ebay, premium price and all, review it, and just flip it back out on Ebay. This would work unless you expect the premium to plummet imminently.
Old 08-06-2010, 05:49 PM

Frankly I'm a little confused because I thought the HDD policy was "no screener, no review"
at least that's what we've been told 1000 times.
why is 3D any different?
if the studios want their product reviewed they gotta send a screener--
right project-blu? (confused smilie)
Old 08-06-2010, 08:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkadin View Post
Frankly I'm a little confused because I thought the HDD policy was "no screener, no review"
at least that's what we've been told 1000 times.
why is 3D any different?
if the studios want their product reviewed they gotta send a screener--
right project-blu? (confused smilie)
That's not entirely the case, as I understand it, those who send screeners receive priority, but when people get the time to go and pick up a movie for which they did not receive a screener for, and then find the extra time to review it, they will.

Also, it appears that we have a reviewer dedicated to 3D Blus for the mean time, so his plate isn't as full as the others.

Part of The Finer Things Club, The Ghostbusters Club, The American Psycho Club, The SDF on 360 Club
Old 08-06-2010, 08:19 PM
Former Member

Ben is correct, Steve currently is dedicated to 3d reviewing, so since studios aren't knocking people down getting sites the titles, sometimes one's gotta seek 'em out. additionally, non-screener reviews are only thrown in on "off time," and don't ever bump screeners.

as for the normal policy....every month i fly against it with the RRL threads. but yes, it's normal that titles get passed up due to studios deciding they aren't worthy of getting a review. i'm a bit behind, but once i'm caught up flush again, i'm going to be doing titles that weren't send, filling in the gaps. prioritization.
Old 08-06-2010, 09:20 PM

n8 bout to pm u

Last edited by chameleontongue; 08-06-2010 at 09:41 PM.
Old 08-06-2010, 11:36 PM

not sure that all makes sense, but sounds good to me.
new 3D man needs to review 3D titles.
got it. :wink:
now if we can just get some more changes rolling --like getting rid of the microscopic thread titles---HDD will be on its way again.