Is it okay to post a user-review on this site? - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 06-29-2010, 10:30 PM

Default Is it okay to post a user-review on this site?

I just got a warning because I started a thread for my review of The Crazies (the thread was also deleted) - are users not allowed to post reviews of movies until an "official" review thread has started?
Old 06-30-2010, 12:16 AM

If there is a review to be posted by a forum member, there is no reason why the can't do so.

If you have further specific questions about your specific post, feel free to send a PM to myself or another supermod to answer your questions.
Old 06-30-2010, 12:56 PM

Heh. I'd like to think that your thread was deleted for being against some rule, and not because you attempted to post a user-review. If it's the latter, this site should be ashamed of itself.
Old 06-30-2010, 03:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by solott View Post
I just got a warning because I started a thread for my review of The Crazies (the thread was also deleted) - are users not allowed to post reviews of movies until an "official" review thread has started?
Yes, it is OK to post a user review on the site. If we already have a thread for the release - release announcement our own review - then you should post it on that thread instead of creating a new thread. Your thread was deleted because it was not a review. Your thread started with the sentence "All I can comment on so far is the cover". I'm sorry to inform you, but being able to comment on the cover is not a "user review".

Your previous thread about the same movie was closed as it only complained about the lack of a review for that specific movie and then complained that we reviewed other movies which, in your opinion, were unworthy of a review. Then you went on to call one of the movies a "turd".

Both threads were going nowhere, and the warning was intended as a warning for you to not continue with those type of threads which contribute nothing to the discussion of blu-ray releases.

And I would suggest you take the time to read the Forum Rules, as your "feedback" comes very close to breaking rule #23.