Name change for the television sub forum - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 05-27-2010, 08:59 AM

Lightbulb Name change for the television sub forum

I think it would be beneficial for the "HDTV programming discussion" (not the exact title but close to it) to have it's name changed to "Television Forum" and moved to a spot under the film forum.

If you chose to do this I would love to be the mod in that category.

Old 05-27-2010, 09:25 AM

I agree that a name change would be appropriate or combine it with the film forum and make it a TV/Film discussion thread or something.
Old 06-03-2010, 06:32 PM

Anyone besides Husker read this?
Old 06-04-2010, 02:00 AM

I'm reading this, and really I agree. I've noted a couple times that it's my opinion that this forum suffers from busy-ness and really needs to collapse some forums or do away with them. Especially because this is a special forum and is therefore somewhat relegated to "specialized" forum traffic, I think it would do better to focus the attention onto fewer areas. Clearly, blu-ray and gaming are this site's bread and butter, and such areas need not be collapsed.

I don't have the perfect solution but consider that we have: 4 forums dedicated to hd-dvd, 4 separate ones dedicated to exchange, 7 dedicated to miscellaneous, 2 dedicated to past (old) CES events, an unused Hi-Def Disc FAQ area, and a seldom-used Indie Retailer area (they can probably use the exchange??)

That's 19 areas that can be considered in an effort to consolidate, update, or eliminate. I feel like this site would really benefit from focusing on home theater as its third draw. Blu-ray and gaming are a given, but HDD does do the whole "HD Advisor" thing and had a tab for HD Gear.

With some creativity and forethought, these 19 forums could probably be collapsed/focused into 6 or so.

Also, to help further develop the site, HDD could use the staff/admin it already maintains. AV_Integrated is an expert in home theater equipment (projectors, screens, and other related equipment). Shoeless is a genuine game reviewer who has already written a few fantastic pieces for the site. Consider using what you already have, and generate some original content.

Last edited by Badger3920; 06-04-2010 at 02:19 AM.