2 titles missing from the HD DVD list of available and review - High-Def Digest Forums
View Poll Results: Should HDD include audio-only discs in its release scheds? (see post below)
Yes 16 43.24%
No 21 56.76%
Voters: 37. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-24-2007, 08:38 AM

Default 2 titles missing from the HD DVD list of available and review

can you add these 2 titles i noticed them being sold on amazon usa site. They look like they could be very good to talk about, because there is nothing like these on blue ray. i added a link so you can see them on amazon.

Tchaikovsky - Swan Lake / Nureyev, Letestu, Martinez, Paris Opera Ballet [HD DVD]

http://www.amazon.com/Tchaikovsky-Nu...154991-5642334

Uncommon Bach - Music Experience in 3-Dimensional Sound Reality TM [HD DVD DTSHD Surround Music Disc]

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...rd_i=193642011
Old 06-24-2007, 12:29 PM
HDD Founder

docmanjay2 -- thanks for your feedback. For now, we've made the conscious decision to *not* include audio-only discs in our release lists -- it just felt like it potential to get crowded over time, and isn't likely to be of much interest to our core audience.

Having said that, if there's a strong enough demand to include them, I'm certainly open to it... I've added a poll to this thread so that we can informally take people's temperatures on this topic.

Thanks again for weighing in.
Old 06-24-2007, 04:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jed View Post
docmanjay2 -- thanks for your feedback. For now, we've made the conscious decision to *not* include audio-only discs in our release lists -- it just felt like it potential to get crowded over time, and isn't likely to be of much interest to our core audience.

Having said that, if there's a strong enough demand to include them, I'm certainly open to it... I've added a poll to this thread so that we can informally take people's temperatures on this topic.

Thanks again for weighing in.

thanks for the reply....the first disc mentioned the swan lake is of an opera so it video and music, it's a hd dvd of the opera show the swan lake....i can see your point about the bach 3d sound one....but the other should be just like Heart in concert...this is Tchaikovsky in the swan lake opera video....not sure if you knew that....
Old 06-24-2007, 07:34 PM
HDD Founder

Quote:
the first disc mentioned the swan lake is of an opera so it video and music, it's a hd dvd of the opera show the swan lake
ah, I didn't realize that -- thanks, I'll pass that one along to Peter...

Jed
Old 06-24-2007, 09:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jed View Post
ah, I didn't realize that -- thanks, I'll pass that one along to Peter...

Jed
I agree. That I might be interested in, even though I voted 'no'. But audio only stuff... no thanks.
Old 06-24-2007, 09:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by docmanjay2 View Post
thanks for the reply....the first disc mentioned the swan lake is of an opera so it video and music, it's a hd dvd of the opera show the swan lake....i can see your point about the bach 3d sound one....but the other should be just like Heart in concert...this is Tchaikovsky in the swan lake opera video....not sure if you knew that....
Oh I hate people who do this, but...
Swan Lake is not an opera. It is a ballet. Traditional opera have words, and no dancing. Ballet has dancing and few or no words.
Sorry for sounding like a nit-picking idiot.
Old 06-24-2007, 09:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marky_D_Sahdd View Post
Swan Lake is not an opera. It is a ballet. Traditional opera have words, and no dancing. Ballet has dancing and few or no words.
Ohhh, you're right. Even though I'm not really a 'fan' of either, I don't mind watching opera. But ballet... ugh, nope. Can't do it. Might still deserve a review though...
Old 06-24-2007, 10:16 PM

Quote:
yes traditionaly it's not an opera, but this is..if you read the title it's the famous composer Tchaikovsky's music being sung opera style to a ballet the swan lake a very famous one......even still as you are a hd dvd supporter of 110 and 10+ pre orders you might think you have an open mind of all your format has to offer....i know thats what i'm thinking...just a thought..thats what i'm doing
Old 06-24-2007, 11:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by docmanjay2 View Post
yes traditionaly it's not an opera, but this is..if you read the title it's the famous composer Tchaikovsky's music being sung opera style to a ballet the swan lake a very famous one......even still as you are a hd dvd supporter of 110 and 10+ pre orders you might think you have an open mind of all your format has to offer....i know thats what i'm thinking...just a thought..thats what i'm doing
Sorry, again. if I sounded uninterested. I do thank you for your submission, and am considering it for my collection. I had not ever heard of Swan Lake being sung before, and thought that was an error, was all.
Old 06-25-2007, 12:44 AM

Quote:
Sorry, again. if I sounded uninterested. I do thank you for your submission, and am considering it for my collection. I had not ever heard of Swan Lake being sung before, and thought that was an error, was all.
no need to be sry, i'm a big fan of hd dvd so i like to make sure i'm exposed to all parts of hd dvd and if i see something new to share it with all, i should get my copy in the mail this week.... i mostly wanted to see a review so that all hd dvd fans and supports would know its all there to check out