2 titles missing from the HD DVD list of available and review - High-Def Digest Forums
View Poll Results: Should HDD include audio-only discs in its release scheds? (see post below)
Yes 16 43.24%
No 21 56.76%
Voters: 37. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #1  
Old 06-24-2007, 08:38 AM
docmanjay2's Avatar
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 683
Default 2 titles missing from the HD DVD list of available and review

can you add these 2 titles i noticed them being sold on amazon usa site. They look like they could be very good to talk about, because there is nothing like these on blue ray. i added a link so you can see them on amazon.

Tchaikovsky - Swan Lake / Nureyev, Letestu, Martinez, Paris Opera Ballet [HD DVD]


http://www.amazon.com/Tchaikovsky-Nu...154991-5642334



Uncommon Bach - Music Experience in 3-Dimensional Sound Reality TM [HD DVD DTSHD Surround Music Disc]

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...rd_i=193642011
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 06-24-2007, 12:29 PM
jed's Avatar
jed jed is offline
HDD Founder
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 1,621
Default

docmanjay2 -- thanks for your feedback. For now, we've made the conscious decision to *not* include audio-only discs in our release lists -- it just felt like it potential to get crowded over time, and isn't likely to be of much interest to our core audience.

Having said that, if there's a strong enough demand to include them, I'm certainly open to it... I've added a poll to this thread so that we can informally take people's temperatures on this topic.

Thanks again for weighing in.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 06-24-2007, 04:48 PM
docmanjay2's Avatar
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 683
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jed View Post
docmanjay2 -- thanks for your feedback. For now, we've made the conscious decision to *not* include audio-only discs in our release lists -- it just felt like it potential to get crowded over time, and isn't likely to be of much interest to our core audience.

Having said that, if there's a strong enough demand to include them, I'm certainly open to it... I've added a poll to this thread so that we can informally take people's temperatures on this topic.

Thanks again for weighing in.

thanks for the reply....the first disc mentioned the swan lake is of an opera so it video and music, it's a hd dvd of the opera show the swan lake....i can see your point about the bach 3d sound one....but the other should be just like Heart in concert...this is Tchaikovsky in the swan lake opera video....not sure if you knew that....
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 06-24-2007, 07:34 PM
jed's Avatar
jed jed is offline
HDD Founder
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 1,621
Default

Quote:
the first disc mentioned the swan lake is of an opera so it video and music, it's a hd dvd of the opera show the swan lake
ah, I didn't realize that -- thanks, I'll pass that one along to Peter...

Jed
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 06-24-2007, 09:23 PM
BanthaPoodoo's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 1,510
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jed View Post
ah, I didn't realize that -- thanks, I'll pass that one along to Peter...

Jed
I agree. That I might be interested in, even though I voted 'no'. But audio only stuff... no thanks.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 06-24-2007, 09:33 PM
Marky_D_Sahdd's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 790
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by docmanjay2 View Post
thanks for the reply....the first disc mentioned the swan lake is of an opera so it video and music, it's a hd dvd of the opera show the swan lake....i can see your point about the bach 3d sound one....but the other should be just like Heart in concert...this is Tchaikovsky in the swan lake opera video....not sure if you knew that....
Oh I hate people who do this, but...
Swan Lake is not an opera. It is a ballet. Traditional opera have words, and no dancing. Ballet has dancing and few or no words.
Sorry for sounding like a nit-picking idiot.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 06-24-2007, 09:45 PM
BanthaPoodoo's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 1,510
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marky_D_Sahdd View Post
Oh I hate people who do this, but...
Swan Lake is not an opera. It is a ballet. Traditional opera have words, and no dancing. Ballet has dancing and few or no words.
Sorry for sounding like a nit-picking idiot.
Ohhh, you're right. Even though I'm not really a 'fan' of either, I don't mind watching opera. But ballet... ugh, nope. Can't do it. Might still deserve a review though...
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 06-24-2007, 10:16 PM
docmanjay2's Avatar
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 683
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marky_D_Sahdd View Post
Oh I hate people who do this, but...
Swan Lake is not an opera. It is a ballet. Traditional opera have words, and no dancing. Ballet has dancing and few or no words.
Sorry for sounding like a nit-picking idiot.
yes traditionaly it's not an opera, but this is..if you read the title it's the famous composer Tchaikovsky's music being sung opera style to a ballet the swan lake a very famous one......even still as you are a hd dvd supporter of 110 and 10+ pre orders you might think you have an open mind of all your format has to offer....i know thats what i'm thinking...just a thought..thats what i'm doing
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 06-24-2007, 11:23 PM
Marky_D_Sahdd's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 790
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by docmanjay2 View Post
yes traditionaly it's not an opera, but this is..if you read the title it's the famous composer Tchaikovsky's music being sung opera style to a ballet the swan lake a very famous one......even still as you are a hd dvd supporter of 110 and 10+ pre orders you might think you have an open mind of all your format has to offer....i know thats what i'm thinking...just a thought..thats what i'm doing
Sorry, again. if I sounded uninterested. I do thank you for your submission, and am considering it for my collection. I had not ever heard of Swan Lake being sung before, and thought that was an error, was all.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 06-25-2007, 12:44 AM
docmanjay2's Avatar
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 683
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marky_D_Sahdd View Post
Sorry, again. if I sounded uninterested. I do thank you for your submission, and am considering it for my collection. I had not ever heard of Swan Lake being sung before, and thought that was an error, was all.
no need to be sry, i'm a big fan of hd dvd so i like to make sure i'm exposed to all parts of hd dvd and if i see something new to share it with all, i should get my copy in the mail this week.... i mostly wanted to see a review so that all hd dvd fans and supports would know its all there to check out
Reply With Quote
Reply

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
'Missing in Action,' 'Missing in Action 2,' & 'The Delta Force' are coming June 5 Landy Blu-ray Software General Discussion 14 04-10-2012 04:55 PM
New FT List - 50 titles available! jfrost Blu-ray Disc Exchange 11 08-25-2009 11:35 PM
New FT List... 80 titles available! (including new releases) jfrost Blu-ray Disc Exchange 8 08-10-2009 03:15 PM
List of Available Blu-ray Players and prices (The Digital Bits) Kosty Blu-ray Hardware General Discussion 2 07-16-2009 10:43 AM
BR Spec Announcements: Please list missing DVD extras ZebraMajor Blu-ray Software General Discussion 4 05-08-2008 11:22 AM


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off